404 Jeffery Custom Montana Rifle

horsedoc49

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Zimbabwe
Factory chambered 404 Jeffery made by Montana Rifle Company. Customized Model 1999 controlled feed mauser action. If you saw the post recently resurrected about this rifle up for sale by Andrew Short and customized on his specs.(Andrew feel free to correct me if I am incorrect). Very nice rifle in excellent condition.
There are photos on his original post, but I will post some just to reassure people that I have the rifle in my possession.
Upgrades:
NECG sights including night sight
Barrel band sling mount
Classy semi gloss bluing
Threaded for muzzle brake, but currently wearing the thread protector

I recently moved from Alaska to Arizona and have yet to find the muzzle brake or the Talley QD rings, but I’ll keep looking.
The rifle weighs 9.2#, LOP is13 3/4”

I think that I have fired the rifle 3 or 4 times in one day since I got it. It functioned well. Very smooth action. It has not been hunted while I’ve owned it.
I have way too many safe queens and doubt that I’ll return to Africa so I’m going to reduce my gun inventory in the coming months. I have the Montana Rifle company box in which it arrived to me in Alaska.

I’m asking $4000 OBO, plus shipping. I am now located in southeast Arizona
thanks for looking
Ron/horsedoc49

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What is this "sleeping"?

When did you buy the rifle?

EDIT - Disregard, I saw your post from 2021.

Last edited:
Factory chambered 404 Jeffery made by Montana Rifle Company. Customized Model 1999 controlled feed mauser action. If you saw the post recently resurrected about this rifle up for sale by Andrew Short and customized on his specs.(Andrew feel free to correct me if I am incorrect). Very nice rifle in excellent condition.
There are photos on his original post, but I will post some just to reassure people that I have the rifle in my possession.
Upgrades:
NECG sights including night sight
Barrel band sling mount
Classy semi gloss bluing
Threaded for muzzle brake, but currently wearing the thread protector

I recently moved from Alaska to Arizona and have yet to find the muzzle brake or the Talley QD rings, but I’ll keep looking.
The rifle weighs 9.2#, LOP is13 3/4”

I think that I have fired the rifle 3 or 4 times in one day since I got it. It functioned well. Very smooth action. It has not been hunted while I’ve owned it.
I have way too many safe queens and doubt that I’ll return to Africa so I’m going to reduce my gun inventory in the coming months. I have the Montana Rifle company box in which it arrived to me in Alaska.

I’m asking $4000 OBO, plus shipping. I am now located in southeast Arizona
thanks for looking
Ron/horsedoc49

View attachment 605644View attachment 605645View attachment 605646View attachment 605647View attachment 605648View attachment 605649View attachment 605650
Ron, the rifle looks as if it’s never been out of the box. It’s a very nice rifle that would serve someone well!
If you have ammunition or components, list those items as well. 404 components are hard to come by right now.

PM Sent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacintoBre

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!