AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
Have a nice Ruger African for sale, Has 150 rounds down the tube.
is in good shape. This is a replacement stock, the one that came with it had a crack in the tang area.

$1250 deliver to your FFL. Paypal, personal check or money order accepted.

IMG_4544.JPG
IMG_4545.JPG
IMG_4546.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If that was a .416, I’d have already snapped it up. :)

Good luck with the sale!

This model does not have a brake.

The guide guns have brakes.

Azdave. Making sure you know that beck is looking for a .375 Ruger. A couple of post down

Sorry just saw You two connected.

Yes, it is a 375 Ruger, based on the ser# search at Ruger it is a African model that was shipped in 2007 and one of the first year released for sale in 2008 model year.

Dave nice looking gun and a bit special that it did not come with a muzzle break..

A crack in the tang area is somewhat common on larger caliber Rugers. Especially if it is caused by the metal tang biting into the wood. That angled screw that pulls the action into the bedding system in the stock comes loose. Too often they are shipped without it torqued properly. I believe it is 95 inch pounds.

Dave nice looking gun and a bit special that it did not come with a muzzle break..

A crack in the tang area is somewhat common on larger caliber Rugers. Especially if it is caused by the metal tang biting into the wood. That angled screw that pulls the action into the bedding system in the stock comes loose. Too often they are shipped without it torqued properly. I believe it is 95 inch pounds.
Action Bob you're correct about the crack, in my experience anyway. My .416 Ruger African cracked in the same place - Called ruger, they sent me a new stock, and gave me the same advice you just posted - never had another problem with that gun - they really are fine rifles

@ActionBob You are correct, I learned that lesson with rugers a number of years ago, and now check the tourqe on my rugers a couple times a year. The guy that originally owned this rifle cracked the stock and got it replaced then sold the rifle to me.

so is it the rear stock/action screw that needs to be torqued properly? I have a Ruger Express Magnum in 375 HH/375 WBY...i think its an express mag...it has the quarter rear sight rib with 3 lief sights on it and banded front sight. Anyway, it does not have a cracked stock and i want to keep it that way so i will get this handled upon confirmation. Thanks gents!

Front screw, the one that is angled. Video at about 1:30 shows it. 95 inch pounds of torque or about 8 ft-lbs.

@gprippers

Sounds like you have a rechambered RSM.

so is it the rear stock/action screw that needs to be torqued properly?

Open the Floor plate of the magazine and look for the front screw head that sits at an angle. Might be a flat screwdriver head and may be an Allan head screw. That is the one that draws the action/reciever into the stock. Tight it very firmly or to 95 inch pounds.

Do NOT overtighten the screws by the trigger gaurd. Snug them up alternating between them. Depending up the stock, they can be tightened to 45 to 60 inch pounds but keep checking the floor plate so you don't crush the wood to the point it won't close or operate correctly.

Another Ruger thing is the scope rings are machined as pairs. Keep them together the way they are when purchased. Ideally with the same screws in the same holes.

I really love buying a high end Ruger with a loose angle screw and the others so tight the floor plate won't close. With the wood crushed. And then the scope rings are all in pieces thrown into a zip lock bag....... NOT;)

A few minutes reading the owners manuel goes a long ways:)

BTW everyone, AZDAVE is a pretty darn good gunsmith and knows his guns as good as or better than most. Buy with real confidence from him!

Last edited:
Was digging around the shop looking for a specific tool and came across a a Houghe Overmolded stock that is the one with the pillar bedding, that I will also include with the rifle, dies, and 25 rounds of new brass.

If you decide to sell separately, I’d like to have the brass. Not sure about the stock. Mine is in good shape

@John Havard I appreciate it but this one is a package kinda deal, either it sells as a package or I will just keep it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelaHo

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob