.375 Cal Suppressor anyone?

Me too! But am I $1000 and 8 months curious, or do get something more well known? Too bad you can’t just check one out with a library card and bring it back in s couple weeks.
Some dealers order cans as demo cans. I am an SOT and have a few cans available for demo usage for my clients. I had a few people who were curious but not sold. I'd meet them at the range and set them up with the suppressor on their own rifle and double check for alignment issues. Everyone who demo'd one bought one.

Maybe see if any SOT FFLs in your area have cans for demo purposes. I ordered both the Magus-S RR and Magnus-K RR with HUB mounts so that my customers can try them out. Though I'll be the first one to try them out on my 375 H&H.

Does the brake negate the sound suppression by sending remaining sound/pressure sideways/backwards like a common muzzle brake? I’ve never used something like that and would be very interested, but I’d rather have quieter than less recoil. It seems that most suppressors take our 30% or more recoil anyways.

No it does not make it louder. The Silencer Co Omega, which came out quite a few years ago, has one as well. I didn't believe it worked so I never used it. TBAC claims huge recoil reduction with this new design. I will get one but I have a few other toys to buy first.

I'm guessing they found enough remnant gas velocity after exiting the suppressor to take advantage of a brake. Like a 2nd stage to the device. Clever. I'll be really interested to see how these work out.

Looking at Thunderbeast's information, the Race Ready/Brake version are louder at shooter's ear than the non-braked versions. Notice how all Shooter's Ear dBA readings are higher on the S-RR than on the S.

1707377553964.png

It looks like the race ready will be significantly louder that the regular magnus, but certainly quieter than a unsuppressed barrel. It would be worth trying both to see the trade off. I find noise suppression to be better for my shooting than recoil suppression.

I am looking at buying one of these in Namibia. About $400 CDN. Anyone have any first hand experience with the A-tec H2 line? They are made in Norway and come in a wide variety of threads.

I got one, the .375 diameter for use on my 9.3x62 and my .243. Works fine, use three modules when training, take off one when hunting for length/weight.

In Denmark they are less than USD 500, so I'm a bit surprised about some of the prices I see here, but they are perhaps better ones. And we don't need permits nomore, seems our politicians finally realised shooting doesn't become quite as quiet as in movies...:)

It looks like the race ready will be significantly louder that the regular magnus, but certainly quieter than a unsuppressed barrel. It would be worth trying both to see the trade off. I find noise suppression to be better for my shooting than recoil suppression.
Good question. The race ready is significantly louder, ~11 dB, but much better recoil reduction as well. Each 3 dB is a doubling in sound energy since it’s a logarithmic scale. However, since a lot of rifles are 160 - 165 dB I believe it is still much, much quieter. Would be pretty sweet for the range/competition.

Sound affecting hearing is based on energy and duration. OSHA has good charts on how much and long it needs to be for hearing loss. With large calibers and limited shots through you really don’t need much sound reduction to make it hearing safe.

Good question. The race ready is significantly louder, ~11 dB, but much better recoil reduction as well. Each 3 dB is a doubling in sound energy since it’s a logarithmic scale. However, since a lot of rifles are 160 - 165 dB I believe it is still much, much quieter. Would be pretty sweet for the range/competition
Where do you get info that noise reduction is less but recoil reduction better? I would think it always goes together, but perhaps not?

Where do you get info that noise reduction is less but recoil reduction better? I would think it always goes together, but perhaps not?
The bottom of the table has percentage recoil reduction. The version with the brake beats the version without handily. 65% vs 14% for the 300 win mag. Much greater difference than I’d expect tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bottom of the table has percentage recoil reduction. The version with the brake beats the version without handily. 65% vs 14% for the 300 win mag. Much greater difference than I’d expect tbh.
Oh, got it. Very interesting I must say. I would have thought that sound and recoil suppression followed each other. Would be very interesting with some data on recoil suppression on different suppressors, especially on the larger calibre where recoil suppression could be perhaps the main reason to buy a suppressor.

Does anyone have experience with the YHM R45?

Seems very affordable compared to most.. YHM seems to have a good reputation overall with cans… etc…

I’ve found a few reviews online that are pretty positive… and I reached out to YHM yesterday to ask if its limitation is 45-70 (thats the biggest / most powerful rifle caliber they list it to be compatible with.. although they also say it is compatible with 308 Win, 300 BLK, and other higher PSI and faster moving calibers as well..).. they told me it would work with 458 SOCOM and any other .458 caliber or smaller center fire caliber with at least a 16" BBL..

Anyone with first hand experience here?

Im thinking this might be a good option to work on everything in the safe from the 458 down to the 350 Legend Ive got in there (although I dont intend on mounting it to any of my larger mid bores or big bore bolt actions like the 416, 375, etc).. but it might be a good solution for the entire family of AR's Ive got that include 556, 300 BLK, 350 Legend, and 458 SOCOM..

and if I ever get a wild hair.. it could work on the 375 H&H as well.. :)

As an update... I ordered an R45 a couple of weeks after making this post...

It just got out of jail on Monday.. I wont have a chance to shoot it for another week or so... Im traveling a bit for the next few days... but will report back on its performance once I get a solid range day in...

Ive got the right adaptors to be able to mount it to my 458 SOCOM (basically 45-70 trap door ballistics), 350 Legend, 308 Win, and 300 BLK and will be running it through the paces on all of those platforms..

My hope is that it tames the recoil and blast of the 458 SOCOM enough that I can more easily deploy that rifle on sounders of hogs (right now getting more than 2-3 shots down range before they all disperse is pretty much impossible..)..

Im sure it will take some of the blast bite out of the rifle, and will knock the edges off the sound.. but Im not sure how much recoil reduction I'll experience...

I’ve got 3 suppressors on order now. One is going to work on my 9.3x62. I was told yesterday that the backlog of cases at the ATF has cleared out and tax stamps are getting approved very quickly. Is that correct? Are any of you seeing a speed up?

I have a safari planned in September. I plan to bring my .375, 9.3x62 and .270 win. I have in possession a suppressor for the .270. I hope the 9.3 can can arrive by then!

I’ve got 3 suppressors on order now. One is going to work on my 9.3x62. I was told yesterday that the backlog of cases at the ATF has cleared out and tax stamps are getting approved very quickly. Is that correct? Are any of you seeing a speed up?

I have a safari planned in September. I plan to bring my .375, 9.3x62 and .270 win. I have in possession a suppressor for the .270. I hope the 9.3 can can arrive by then!
If you did it as an individual it will happen fairly fast. Some people have received approval in 24hr. Average is less than a month.

I you have a standardized trust it is taking longer. They need to go through all the language and confirm. More than one person add additional time.

If you have customized trust that will take the most time. Again if you have more people to run, the time frame increases.

If you wanted a fast turnaround. Buy as an individual. Once in hand, you would have to pay another 200.00 for the tax stamp to transfer the suppressor to your trust. That would just depend on how fast you truly needed/wanted it.

FYI, I'm on the custom trust. I'm the responsible person. My last two were 181 days and 179 days.

I'm very much looking forward to feedback on these 375 cal cans.

My finger is on the button on a couple options. TB Magnus at the top of the list

My first can took about 10 months to get out of jail.. this one took about 6…

There has been a recent mass approval of tax stamps.. and new requests are getting approved much faster than in the past… my class 3 guy had one approved in 41 hours last week..

This is creating a huge run on suppressors right now though .. almost everything is out of stock at this point at the big distributors like silencer central and silencer shop..

If you want something.. and you see it on the shelf somewhere.. don’t hesitate… it will be gone tomorrow.. and the distributer won’t be certain when they’ll have that particular item again…

I was thinking about another R45 after I give the one I just got a try next week.. or possibly an R9…

A week ago they were both in stock everywhere..

Now they are out of stock everywhere..

I'm very much looking forward to feedback on these 375 cal cans.

My finger is on the button on a couple options. TB Magnus at the top of the list

If you’re sold on the magnus and you know where one is available.. grab it now…

Cans are about to be like primers for a while.. sold out everywhere and manufacturers unable to keep up with demand… (got this straight from the guy that works directly with class 3 ffl’s at silencer shop… and also from my class 3 ffl….)…

FYI, I'm on the custom trust. I'm the responsible person. My last two were 181 days and 179 days.

I use a standardized trust.. but maintain a separate trust for each class 3 item… I don’t keep them all under the same trust… that seems to give me the most flexibility, while also mitigating the most liability…

It is a bit of a PIA though having a new trust built and then maintaining multiple separate files as opposed to having everything covered in one document…

my ultra 7 got released just a couple weeks ago. I bought it in late September of last year. So approximately 5-ish months.

I'll heed your warning as regards scarcity MDwest. Just as soon as I wait until the LAST FREAKING POSSIBLE day to give our lovely IRS way too much money to spend on stupid crap. Those bastards would be paid in pennies by pony express if I could manage it.

It's a high value problem to have to dance with bean counters for tax mitigation strategies but it doesn't stop me from bitching. :LOL:
A high value problem that chaps my ass when i see where it's going.
But alas... I think it's time to sprinkle some sugar on the situation with a nice suppressor.

Ok, i'm over it. Ha ha ha.
If you get your new toy to the range in the next week or so, please update us as I'm leaning toward the dominus but not committed just yet.

That’s a big can… how’s the noise suppression?
It’s a reflex supressor. So only 6 inches sticks out past end of barrel. It’s actually about as small of a can as you could get on a 375.

Noise suppression is much improved but you still would want to wear ear protection during practice from the concussive blast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdetteBlam

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you