.375 Cal Suppressor anyone?

That the user can take apart and clean.

Centerfire rifles are not the same as rimfire. You don't need to the them apart to clean them. They pretty much self clean for the most part. Wright the Weight down when they gain an ounce (1k rounds give or take) you flush them out with CLR ( Only works for titanium cans!)

Supressors have their space and use I have 2 one om my 6.5x55 when my son was 9 he started shooting with it now it goes on all our hunts and it more accurate with silencer than without.
On my 204 Ruger its a varmint culling gun and it sounds softer than a .22 so its a tool.

On a 375 H&H it works for people and persons who are going to struggle with recoil and needs to have that minimum calibre to take DG.
For that I would get a lower market value rifle to add on a suppressor/silencer it would just be unethical to put it on my original 98 Musgrave.

With added weight of the suppresor keep in mind the balance of the rifle and that it will be carried over long stalks afte DG.
So I would suggest getting a very light suppressor with a muzzle brake added on infront some come out as a package like that. They work great and there is no muzzle break issues like a normal muzzle brake.

https://www.gunwarrior.co.za/warrior-large-silencer

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 8.14.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 8.14.16 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 8.14.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 8.14.17 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
Are any of the .375 suppressors user serviceable?
It is likely a moot point since there will just not be volumes of rounds going through a .375 can. It is recommended on most of these cans to soak with CLR and rinse.

You will need to thread your barrel for mm not 5/8 US if you wish to use a suppressor outside the US. My understanding is that you buy through your PH and leave it there.
Yes and no. They do have 5/8x24 threads on some RSA suppressors. Know before you go!

Well, I spoke with a guy today at a LGS about suppressors. He told me he has them on all of his rifles, but still wears ear protection on his centerfire rifles. He has to "float" the price of the suppressor plus the $200 tax stamp for over the 10 months it takes for him to actually get the suppressor. WTH!
When shooting at the range everyone should use hearing pro at all times. The benefit of the suppressor for me comes in the hunting scenario.

My only experience with suppressors was ONE time at the range. A guy had a suppressed 9mm Glock and a 9mm Scorpion(?) type rifle. He let me shoot both but the report from each was at least as loud as a .22 rimfire. His buddy shot a suppressed AR15 about twenty yards away and IT WAS LOUD! There is no way I would shoot ANY of those without at least some plugs pushed into my ears. My hearing is bad enough to the point where I plug my ears when mowing the lawn to keep it from getting any worse.

Semis are hard to judge. On ARs you have port pop, on the platforms list above you have gas escaping through ejection ports. Unless you can lock the action closed, that is the only thing that will help. That address those platforms, anytime you shoot supersonic ammo even a 22LR it is going to be loud. I can take my 308 bolt gun and shoot it 3-5 times without ears on and my ears are not ringing. That's with supersonic ammo, if I run subsonic ammo it is a different story.

The moral of the story is silencers are not as quiet as most people think. Yes they will 100% save your earing, you don't have the big blast to deal with either. At the range you should use ear pro, in the field for a few shots you will be in a much better shape without ears.

Well, I spoke with a guy today at a LGS about suppressors. He told me he has them on all of his rifles, but still wears ear protection on his centerfire rifles. He has to "float" the price of the suppressor plus the $200 tax stamp for over the 10 months it takes for him to actually get the suppressor. WTH!
Hell 10 months is fast! This is American bureaucracy at it's finest (worst).

It took a year for my paperwork to come back, this was about 2 1/2 years ago. With the new e-file, I've heard it can be as fast as 3 months or as long as 6. But then again, we are dealing with a government run agency, anything is possible.

Hel

When they started eforms I purchased 4 over the course of 3 months. They averaged 74 days. Purchased 2 in August first one was 278, the second was 265, 2 months ago I purchased 5 more. They were batch approved all but one... so I did get approved for 4 at 56 days. Have one remaining of that batch of 5. I'm at 68 days on that one, probably 200 days to go. When I figure out what other cans I want I'll pick up a few here and there. Hopefully they will get batch approval again if not, I'll get them when I get them. One thing I will say, I was never a fan of suppressors. That is until I shot several of my own side by side next to my rifles without. Then shooting can on can off. I walked away from the range session trying to figure out what rifles would not get suppressors.

Semis are hard to judge. On ARs you have port pop, on the platforms list above you have gas escaping through ejection ports. Unless you can lock the action closed, that is the only thing that will help. That address those platforms, anytime you shoot supersonic ammo even a 22LR it is going to be loud. I can take my 308 bolt gun and shoot it 3-5 times without ears on and my ears are not ringing. That's with supersonic ammo, if I run subsonic ammo it is a different story.

The moral of the story is silencers are not as quiet as most people think. Yes they will 100% save your earing, you don't have the big blast to deal with either. At the range you should use ear pro, in the field for a few shots you will be in a much better shape without ears.
I agree with all of the above. I'll add to that, while anything supersonic is still going to be somewhat loud due to the sonic crack, suppressors do vary widely in effectiveness. As an example, I have a 16.5" .308 bolt gun that I can use with two different suppressors, a Dead Air Nomad LT and a TBAC Ultra 5. With the Nomad, it sounds about as loud as an unsuppressed .22RF, which is about the best you can do with a supersonic rifle cartridge. The Nomad is about 1.75" in diameter and 8.5" long. It's significantly louder with the Ultra 5, but still far quieter than unsuppressed. The Ultra 5 is 1.5" in diameter and 5" long. It weighs 6 oz. The advantage of the Ultra 5 is that it gives me a suppressed rifle that is about the length of a 22" unsuppressed rifle and weighs 7.5 lbs ready to hunt. It's far quieter, but I do give up some velocity due to my short barrel. Everything is a tradeoff.

I waited a lot of years before buying my first suppressors, mainly due to our ridiculous approval process. Now that I have some, I regret waiting as long as I did, since I want to suppress pretty much everything. The actual paperwork is pretty straightforward and the dealers generally help a lot with it. The wait time sucks, but the sooner you start waiting, the sooner you finish waiting. NFA items aren't for the impatient. No, suppressors aren't as quiet as in the movies. Yes, you should still wear ear protection. In the past I would double up ear protection with plugs and muffs on the range. Now I double up with plugs and a can.

On the original topic of this thread: I really wish I could get in on this order, but I already have Rex MG7 in .458 that serves this purpose for me. I'm sure the TBAC .375 Dominus will be a great suppressor and both lighter and quieter than my MG7, but I can't justify it due to the suppressors I already own.

It took a year for my paperwork to come back, this was about 2 1/2 years ago. With the new e-file, I've heard it can be as fast as 3 months or as long as 6. But then again, we are dealing with a government run agency, anything is possible.
ATF is still working through the paper submissions. When it is finally all done the forms will function as intended and be pretty fast.

I use a Hausken JD224 for my .366“ & .375“ rifles. Meanwhile 6 years in use, 4 times in Namibia, I am really convinced of the use of a suppressor:
version=1&uuid=020E4997-D67A-47F9-A8F5-ADB5BF23B31B&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg

For those in the US, how easy is it to travel with suppressors? Have my first safari this year to SA and would like to bring along my ultra7 if it's not too much hassle.

For those in the US, how easy is it to travel with suppressors? Have my first safari this year to SA and would like to bring along my ultra7 if it's not too much hassle.
my buddy and I just got back 6 weeks ago and had no issues at all. I had a import/export permit from ATF but did not show it. he just had his purchase and trust paperwork and stamp, Atlanta Customs never even looked at them,last year Newark customs never looked either so no problem. in fact just watched my friends video he had filmed of his hunt and his 375 was not suppressed and you can see and hear the PH say that heart my ears. I do not shoot without a suppressor except when I took my Buffalo with my 458 and did not have time to put ear plugs in, never noticed it but I have bad hearing anyway

Integrated suppressor barrels will be the norm at some point. I doubt I will buy another rifle without one.

Are any of the .375 suppressors user serviceable?
The Thunderbeast is not. The user serviceable worry is a fallacy that has come from those who love to tinker and clean guns all the time. After Years of service soak in CLR, wash clean and dry and there you go!
I am using their Ultra 5 .30 cal on a .300 Blackout subsonic and it will get very dirty. No worries!

I am now circling back to attempting to order some custom .375 Thunderbeast Arms suppressors. It will be the Dominus 7" that I am asking for. The exact specs and price to be determined since this is a custom order.
I will go back through this thread and PM's and create a list. If you are interested please PM me your email so we can get going on this.

I have found large caliber suppressors don’t get that dirty. The blast from the muzzle breaks up the carbon and keeps cleaner. Rimfire ones get nasty.

Very easy. Have all paperwork and keep it out of sight. I do not recommend travel through NY or NJ with suppressors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndreBuck3

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!