215 Federal Magnum Primers..haven't seen them in Canada for over a year! Tips? Help needed

And we thought Obamas time was bad on reloaders
Now it's Putin's time that's bad on reloaders. And we are also hard on ourselves. I refuse to hoard components and be a part of the problem. I'll just shoot less till this crap resolves itself. If it doesn't, I'll take up crocheting.

Now it's Putin's time that's bad on reloaders. And we are also hard on ourselves. I refuse to hoard components and be a part of the problem. I'll just shoot less till this crap resolves itself. If it doesn't, I'll take up crocheting.

I don’t see how it has a negative effect on anyone to stock up when supplies are good. Emptying shelves in lean times is another matter entirely.

Where abouts yeah hunting?
I am forty minutes from a mail order pickup warehouse on the US side of the border. Down there quite often to pick up taxidermy stuff. I can pick up primers for you but you'll have to sort out shipping hazmat etc. Of course only within legal limits for me to bring back. I'm still US citizen and have my PAL. Far as I know I can transfer them to you once I cross. They would have to be shipped in my name or I can't pick them up (obviously). I can do it if you trust me. Shouldn't be a problem ... unless you check the pictures on the wall in the post office. :D

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 8.49.47 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 8.49.47 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 8
215 Federal Magnum Primers..haven't seen them in Canada for over a year! Tips? Help needed
Another thing to remember is that if you see them in X-reload, they won’t sell you any unless you’ve made a purchase in the last year. So it may be worthwhile to buy something from them now, while watching for when they have primers.

I don’t see how it has a negative effect on anyone to stock up when supplies are good. Emptying shelves in lean times is another matter entirely.
It is not negative. That is they only way to ensure you have the supplies required to continue progress (training and hunting).

If someone was trying to make a profit on it...well that is a little different issue. Not against the law.

Have you bought from them? I've never heard of them.

I've got an 8lber so I don't need that one but might snag a couple other powders they have.

I walked into a store today looking for some RL-22 for a friend. And found around 20 1lb bottles of RL-16 sitting on the shelf.

I walked into a store today looking for some RL-22 for a friend. And found around 20 1lb bottles of RL-16 sitting on the shelf.
Midway USA has RL-16 in stock NOW at $67/lb. They have a good selection of Hodgdon in stock too in the $49-67 range. Last week they had more Alliant powder available at similar prices. At those prices plus hazmat I keep on scrolling.

Last edited:
I promised myself I would behave better and not be snarky on the forum.

But…oh well, here it goes. Can you imagine the “Stitch and Bitch” sessions if Ontario Hunter takes up crocheting?

I’m sorry! I just can’t get that vivid mental image of you, surrounded by a bunch of Blue Hairs, telling awesome stories and complaining about everything/everyone out of my head!

“Get out the knitting needles Ladies!” “Have I ever told you about shooting off hand with my Mauser? Did you know I build a .404 Jeff!”

Oh… I’m sorry, just couldn’t contain myself.

And we thought Obamas time was bad on reloaders
Just prior to when Obama was elected in 2008 and for the next TWELVE years, a 1lb jug of powder and a 1K brick of primers HERE both went from $19.99 to around $26.99. Give or take a buck. 40% increase? We had two wars going on and an inexplicable amount of reloading components going to the military and Homeland Security. In FOUR years from late 2019/early 2020 till now, the runup went from the above prices to what we're seeing now. 100-500% increases for powder, primers, brass and factory ammo. A combination of the Covid pandemic/riots/supply chains/labor costs and probably more so the consolidation (monopoly) of reloading component manufacturers have led to these massive increased costs. Vista Outdoors owns Alliant, Federal, CCI and Remington ammo. Sierra now owns Barnes. All those companies were individual companies a few years ago. Less competition means tweaking the supply side and an increase in prices at their will. I still buy components like bullets/blems (MANY of which are priced close to where they were before), brass when I find factory overruns/blems/sales and I bite the bullet and buy powder/primers when I HAVE to at these prices. I'm not reloading anything below .338 any longer. I'm looking for deals on factory ammo for the smaller bores like @RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION advertised here with their .308 Norma ammo recently. Heck, you can't almost reload for what the brass, powder, primers and premium bullets (Oryx bonded and Swift A Frames) cost in that Norma ammo at $25/box. I don't shoot competition/ long distance so three to five boxes for practice a year out of each of my smaller bored HUNTING rifles is enough for me. Large bores much less until/if I ever have a DG hunt planned. But one has to buy what they need when they need it so carry on.
BTW, Midway USA STILL has factory overrun Nosler .375 H&H brass for $59.49/50 bulk bagged. I just received some and they're NOT blems. They also have .30-378 and .222 Remington overrun brass. Probably Nosler too. FYI

Last edited:
Have you bought from them? I've never heard of them.

I've got an 8lber so I don't need that one but might snag a couple other powders they have.
No I havent but from what I see they seem to be legit. As long as it allows you to pay by CC and not one of these cash payment options you should be good.

Midway USA has RL-16 in stock NOW at $67/lb. They have a good selection of Hodgdon in stock too in the $49-67 range. Last week they had more Alliant powder available at similar prices. At those prices plus hazmat I keep on scrolling.
That's why when I saw $550 for an 8 pounder local I just grabbed it. Hazmat and Shipping would've brought it to the same price or higher.

Americans think they can just bring components with them to Canada. Ha! Check your laws. No such right exists. You can't do it, neither can a Canadian with a USA firearm permit. Canada has no problem with the import, but the USA certainly does with the export.

Americans think they can just bring components with them to Canada. Ha! Check your laws. No such right exists. You can't do it, neither can a Canadian with a USA firearm permit. Canada has no problem with the import, but the USA certainly does with the export.
Couldn't agree more lol are laws are beyond ridiculous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SafariSavant

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you