Welcome to South Africa…

Comparing ANY two countries is apples and oranges.

You naive lad, I just want to tell visitors to beautiful South Africa to be more careful. Many tourists are extremely imprudent. Every visitor hurt or killed is a sad occurrence, and, quite obviously very negative for South Africa’s reputation.

BTW, the murder rate in 2022 regarding South Africa was a staggering 25,187 whereas in Germany it was a low 264. Don’t compare apples to oranges…

I am not naive. I have the bullet holes and knife wounds to prove that. I continue to live in rural KZN, and serve the community, White, Black and Indian, as I believe it is a calling.

Every country in the world has risky areas to visit, and crime even occurs globally in safe areas. Think of a decapitated British soldier in London and a suicide bomber in a truck in Paris.

Seek help, get over your resentment towards South Africa, and move on with your life.

Your contributions here are inappropriate and unwelcome.

Well I guess I’m done traveling to Africa…might as well sell the rifles…NOT!
I could care less about the current crime waves in Africa let alone RSA. Nothing short of a travel ban will keep me from enjoying the fruits of the Dark Continent.

HH

Well I guess I’m done traveling to Africa…might as well sell the rifles…NOT!
I could care less about the current crime waves in Africa let alone RSA. Nothing short of a travel ban will keep me from enjoying the fruits of the Dark Continent.

HH
Aww jeez you used the term dark continent hahaha

You naive lad, ...... Don’t compare apples to oranges…
Cherry picking isolated news stories about foreign victims of crime is the ultimate misuse of information/statistics in this thread. I just joined in.

Be reasonable and be aware people.

I live over half the year in Colombia. That’s safe, isn’t it? . Every place has areas to avoid. Due diligence is requirement everywhere now days.

Safe travels

From the statistics of the OP posts it seems Cape Town is the most unsafe place in the world based on two incidents.

Mopane, rather send the crime stats to your friends and family most of us on the forum know about the crime in South Aftica but still most come to enjoy themselves here in our beautiful country.
What about some positive posts and comments it might just get you in a happier mood and let you see life in a different view.

Its not all doom and gloom out there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyan65373

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.