Victoria Falls

D-Orcutt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Any plains game hunts close to Victoria Falls, trying to do a sightseeing/ hunting vacation with the lady?

We just flew out of JNB and spent 3 days at Victoria Falls, then back to JNB to be picked up by the PH for hunting. Left anything we didn't need in Zimbabwe at Africa Sky for the 3 days.
But I'm sure you could find an outfit to hunt with in Zim or Botswana.

We just flew out of JNB and spent 3 days at Victoria Falls, then back to JNB to be picked up by the PH for hunting. Left anything we didn't need in Zimbabwe at Africa Sky for the 3 days.
Was thinking about just staying after the sightseeing to hunt my girlfriend can’t take 2 weeks off. She wants to watch me hunt but not for 7 days, what all did you do around Victoria Falls

We toured the falls, took a day trip to Chobe, and visited an elephant preserve. I'll have to research to remember which one. Might have been booked through shearwater adventures

I looked back at our timeliness. We only spent 2 days there. I think the elephant rides were at the Stanley and Livingstone preserve. We also did a relaxing Zambezi river sundown cruise.

I did an elephant hunt less than an hour out of Vic Falls about 5 years ago, where I hunted, there were no animals other than elephant. I believe I was in what they call a 'communal' area?

Is there a chance that you take a few days 2 to 3 days and spend it together at the falls.
schedule an evening dinner river cruse, helicopter flight over the falls, tribal village and then do the game drive at the nearby park. that is doable in 3 days and you will not be rushed. do the river curse on your first day and do it again if you really like it.

Then find an PH to take you for plains game and find one that has a great camp. Some are way better than others. Ask if they have a second vehicle to do game drives for your partner. this is always a hit. you go one way hunting and she goes a different direction for viewing.

Then ask if she would like to go on a proper tracking for some animal on you list.

you do not want to leave her on her own, for safety concerns.

Now that is a heck of a great idea;)

I hunt close to Vic falls
Drop Me a whats app or mail and we can see what we can put together for a few days.

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
+263778121842

I thoroughly recommend the white water rafting at Vic Falls. Its a lot of fun.

I was in Vic Falls this past July for 3 days between hunt in Botswana and East Cape. The Victoria Falls Hotel has a spectacular evening buffet with tribal dancing entertainment. Unbelievable great experience, way cheaper and better than tourist trap "Booma" experience. Enjoy your visit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarriDadso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.