Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, SCI Alaska
Hunted
South Africa, USA (Alaska, Kansas)
Yesterday I received my email from the African shipper - African Trophy Exports. They have received my items from Lauriston Taxidermy. Both were who was used on my 2021 trip as well, and I was happy with service.

They are going to want to know who I want on this side of the pond. The last time it was Tom Kelly and Trophy Shippers. I was happy with service. I know that Tom's not there and I seem to remember there have been some threads about Trophy Shippers since.

I realize I could probably use the search function to pull up some old threads. But it also seems to me that the shipping aspect is somewhat fluid, over time.

Keeping in mind I AM in Alaska, and a pretty remote part of it (though my taxidermist is on the road system), what are current suggestions for someone to handle shipping in the United States, once things leave Africa?

Thanks in advance.

Terry

IMG_8513.jpeg

This is who I have used-based in California. Worth sending them an e mail to see if they ship to your taxidermist.

I have used Trophy Shippers since Tom has left. No issues for me. John and Alan both have taken care of what needed done without issue. Communication was good thru it all on 2021 and 2022 shipments.
2023 safari is pending and will still use them for it

I used coppersmiths out of NYC to clear my stuff and they arranged a freight truck to deliver to my place a few months ago. Everything went well, no storage fees or hiccups. Also heard a lot of good things about trophy shippers too.

I had Knights Taxidermy in Anc do my import in 2016 and they are going to do it again for my shipment this year.
Have them shipped and cleared direct to Anc and avoid the lower 48…. If you can

Once everything was straightened out with Trophy Shippers I haven't heard of any problems with them.

If you used them before you may want to send them a message and at least talk to them.

Once everything was straightened out with Trophy Shippers I haven't heard of any problems with them.

If you used them before you may want to send them a message and at least talk to them.

Good advice Jim.

View attachment 569728
This is who I have used-based in California. Worth sending them an e mail to see if they ship to your taxidermist.
I will second this if you’re on the west coast. They have done several shipments for me and have been great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GladisFvo

Latest profile posts

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!