Rare Breed

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Please forgive my ignorance...It has been 5 years since I reloaded a 470 NE. I bought Norma brass from Raven Rock and they are great...the problem is when I went on Midway to order the RCBS dies. I thought all the 470 NE were 3 inches like my 500 NE? However when I got my RCBS 470 NE die it says 3 1/4 inch. I can't reload yet but will that be a problem? RCBS does not list any 470 NE die except in 3 1/4 inches.

Please forgive my ignorance...It has been 5 years since I reloaded a 470 NE. I bought Norma brass from Raven Rock and they are great...the problem is when I went on Midway to order the RCBS dies. I thought all the 470 NE were 3 inches like my 500 NE? However when I got my RCBS 470 NE die it says 3 1/4 inch. I can't reload yet but will that be a problem? RCBS does not list any 470 NE die except in 3 1/4 inches.
As a follow up the Raven Rock 470 NE is 3 1/4 length brass. I have a Merkle 140-2 in 470 NE. I do not know if it is a 3 inch or 3 1/4. Am I crazy?

From everything I can find on the web all 470 NE are 3 1/4 inch brass. there appears to be no such thing as a 470 NE 3 inch rifle. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

The parent case is the 500 NE 3 1/4 inch case....

As IVW says, it’s always been 31/4 inches. I saw an old post where someone said you could form brass from 500 nitro so maybe that’s the confusion or the cause anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviaJoine

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.