SCI Estimate

Reaction score
Good day members

I’m hoping that the experts can tell me whether or not this Blue Wildebeest is worth getting scored and what medal it might get ?

Spread is 66cm or 26inch

IMG_6964.JPG

If you want it measured, that it to an official measurer. They will measure for no charge and you can report back with the info.

Here are the minmums to make the SCI "book"

1686317235460.png

and HOW to score them

1686317337673.png

The boss measuring is a little tricky

and a video on How

I can't do much more for you than this :)

Attachments

• 1686317475017.png
    1686317475017.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 51
AND PLEASE take this as intended, as it is no indication about how good your trophy is, but...... from what I see, I don't think it will make bronze but yeah who knows, it's one picture. Nice bull and welcome to AH.

Hopefully you'll stay around and join the fun. As evidenced by two quick replies already, we are here to help.

AND PLEASE take this as intended, as it is no indication about how good your trophy is, but...... from what I see, I don't think it will make bronze but yeah who knows, it's one picture. Nice bull and welcome to AH.

Hopefully you'll stay around and join the fun. As evidenced by two quick replies already, we are here to help.

Thank you for your response and I appreciate the honesty

ANY and EVERY animal is a trophy, and great memory of an enjoyable hunt. I like to know the quality of the animals I have chosen, as compared to what’s out there. The score is just a way to look at the whole spectrum of animals and representation of their sizes.

The angle of his head and the shadow of the picture make it very hard to give a fair estimate. This is why your ph spends those eternal seconds with his binoculars before he says “shooter” or “let’s give him another year.”
Your bull seems old and showing his wear which is the part I like most about him, inches be damned-

This is a very old bull with worn down tips and good bosses. He does not have much drop and curl and with the worn down tips he wont score well on sci.

Bases about 13 inches I would say which gives 26 inches and then you need 44 to make the total of 70 inches.....he will not make the sci min...my 2c

I would not score this bull...the hunt should be the memory....very old bull and a perfect one to hunt.

This is a very old bull with worn down tips and good bosses. He does not have much drop and curl and with the worn down tips he wont score well on sci.

Bases about 13 inches I would say which gives 26 inches and then you need 44 to make the total of 70 inches.....he will not make the sci min...my 2c

I would not score this bull...the hunt should be the memory....very old bull and a perfect one to hunt.
I agree with IvW. My Blue Wildebeest looks almost identical and he would not have made SCI book but very old and worn, representative, and mature. Score does not really matter but I still love the mount and the memory.

Tell people your story not the inches or record. Your story is much more interesting than whether it is an SCI bronze Wildebeest.

My honest sci estimate would be 66 to 67 inches
Concur, but an ideal "trophy." It is exactly the sort of old animal I am looking for when hunting almost any game animal.

This is an old wildebeest very similar to yours @Stephan Prinsloo. I am hunting with Nick Nolte when we were both a bit younger, and wouldn't trade the experience or bull for any number of inches.

wildebeast1.jpg

From my hunts in Africa I want to say that 26-27 inch are good representative animals. 28 and up with good bosses are less common. Yours has age and character. He's yours and you'll likely remember him the rest of your life.
Bruce

A fine trophy.

How did he taste?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.