Contributor
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.africanindaba.co.za
Media
Articles
Member of
CIC, Rowland Ward, B&C, DSC, German Hunting Association, KZN Hunting Association, Wild Sheep Foundation
Hunted
Western US, Western Canada, Alaska, Colombia, Tajikistan, Russian Federation, China, Iran, Austria, Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, UK, Indonesia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Congo, Tanzania, Uganda, Botswana, Namibia
Restrictions on Lion Hunting in Tanzania

Tanzania's Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism and the Tanzania Hunting Operators Association (TAHOA) have passed a resolution imposing welcome restrictions on lion hunting to encourage trophy-hunting of lion of six years or older. While the taking of a five-year-old lion will be tolerated, younger lions will not be exportable and will incur a $5,000 penalty and the PH responsible may lose his license. If lion less than four years old are taken, the professional hunter will lose his PH license. Lions determined to be less than five years old will no longer be exportable from Tanzania. Many Tanzanian operators have been employing the six-year rule for the last few years, many others have not, leading to this regulatory measure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryanneBl

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg