PCR or Antigen to enter SA

Jettech

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Georgia, Wyoming, Pennsylvania, Texas, Tennessee, Florida, Missouri, Arkansas
I'm traveling with my 14 year old son and he is not vacinated. I was curious if the Antigen test is ok or he needs to have a PCR test done. SA gov site says test approved by World health org. It use to say PCR so I'm unsure if Antigen is ok. We leave may 6th so I want to make sure we do the correct one. I tried to search site to see if anyone asked but did not have any luck.

You are correct. On www.gov.za it clearly states any test approved by WHO. It used to be PCR going over and antigen coming back. It seems impossible to determine for certain but seems all tests are WHO approved.

Use one of your at home tests to show neg C19. I was just there and it's no big deal. Do not pay for a C19 test.

I assume saving a few bucks is the last thing on your mind if you are taking your son through Johannesburg where things are often screwed up deliberately or accidentally. The PCR test will work while the Antigen test might work. I absolutely would go with the PCR.

Absolutely due what you believe is best. Good luck on your hunt and have a great time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you