Opinions on the 6.5 PRC

The 7mm Rem Mag is a great old classic and has great factory support but if the 7mm PRC ever gets near the factory support I believe it will overtake the 7mm Rem Mag in popularity and would be my choice at that point for a fast 7mm cartridge.

It's a guarantee it gets hold. Hornady is 100% behind it. Rifle manufactures want to sell new rifles so they will produce what they know there is ammo for. Other ammo manufactures will follow suit because of rifle sales. It's the 6.5CM formula. All the PRCs will take off.

The 7 Rem Mag is here to stay, but more new 7mm rifles will end up being 7 PRC as time goes on.

-jm2c

Projectile selection makes a huge difference as well. What have you been using in your 7 mag and 6.5 PRC?

I killed a pronghorn with a 147 gr ELDM out of a 6.5 CM in 2022 and it dropped him like lightning. I’ve since decided I prefer something with more reliable penetration, especially for the possibility of up close shots. Interested to know what you’ve been using.

Try the 120 gr TTSX in the 6.5 PRC @ around 32xx fps. You will be surprised

I’m using the 142 gr ABLR in my 6.5 PRC.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 8.41.37 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 8.41.37 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
I have a 21" light contour Benchmark barrel on a Kimber action and shoot 140AB over RL26 at just under 3000 fps. It handles like a dream and is one of the reasons I was attracted to the Blaser R8-- short rifles are easier in almost every situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConsueloSu

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.