Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member SCI, Director-Music City SCI Chapter, NWTF, NRA
Hunted
SA, Zambia, Tanzania
tornado pic.jpg

Prayers for all the good folks of Nashville and the surrounding counties.

We were hit last night with a massive tornado. 100K without power and 19 deaths and rising. I know a lot of good folks with property loss. There is a strong community of hunters in and around Nashville that I know will covet your thoughts and prayers. Blessed to be spared any harm, but I am moved by the magnitude of damage and suffering wrought in just a few moments.

We will be heading over on Friday to drop of supplies at one of the collection points.
Thoughts and Prayers to all impacted.

Mother Nature is terribly brutal! Best wishes to all and so sorry for the losses!

5FD2247C-DA84-46AA-B623-FA31B4B1CE42.jpeg

Hotel in Lebanon TN. Mt Juliet TN also hit hard!

Being in the electrical industry, I have seen first hand much of the damage. Beyond the building damage, there were four major utility substations that were destroyed. 350 power poles snapped, and still 50K without power. The death toll continues to rise at 24 and counting. I also have been involved with numerous hospitals which are treating the wounded, and requiring extra services to handle the in flux of those effected. Quite a sobering day, and one which quickly puts ones priorities in order. Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers. Nashville’s citizens have responded like I knew they would with thousands upon thousands of donations of food, water, clothing, supplies and shelter for those displaced.

Being in the electrical industry, I have seen first hand much of the damage. Beyond the building damage, there were four major utility substations that were destroyed. 350 power poles snapped, and still 50K without power. The death toll continues to rise at 24 and counting. I also have been involved with numerous hospitals which are treating the wounded, and requiring extra services to handle the in flux of those effected. Quite a sobering day, and one which quickly puts ones priorities in order. Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers. Nashville’s citizens have responded like I knew they would with thousands upon thousands of donations of food, water, clothing, supplies and shelter for those displaced.

Mort thanks for the update. I had not heard that the loss of life had climbed that high.

Lots of folks like you mentioned in out lying counties. All the way up to Cookeville, TN. The path stretched as I understand it almost 150 miles. F3 tornado traveling 50-60 mph with sustained winds between 110-150 mph. Just brutal.

Tornados are one of natures wicked beasts. Tough to deal with all that destruction. Communities coming together in times of need is a beautiful thing.
Tornado season is just starting. Stay safe!

Lots of folks like you mentioned in out lying counties. All the way up to Cookeville, TN. The path stretched as I understand it almost 150 miles. F3 tornado traveling 50-60 mph with sustained winds between 110-150 mph. Just brutal.

we should all keep the people of middle Tennessee in our prayers

Prayers for those affected in TN. Why is it tornadoes usually hit during the night when people can’t respond to warnings well.

I was thinking about you brother, didn’t know if I should hit you up. Glad your well. My best to those effected.

Prayers to all those affected.

From a fellow Tennessean, my thoughts and prayers are with the fine folks in middle TN. We got hit hard in 2011 by numerous tornadoes in the middle of the night in East TN. You don’t realize the devastation until you see it first hand. One thing about the volunteer state is that we always pull together!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynaUrquh

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.