SOUTH AFRICA: My First African Safari

eatmore-pbj

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
First let me say, I never post any thing on the internet nor do I have any social media presence. I am doing this for a few reasons. First being, I wish to thank the people on this website for their invaluable information I picked up while on here. I was a "newborn" to all of this and still am but I learned enough to make decisions and go with my gut instincts. For first timers, just read and absorb all. Do not over think or ask dumb questions. The knowledge and resources you find here will help and guide you.

I'm a person who when I decide to do something I just do it. I choose to go early knowing that it would still be dense and thick but also knowing the animals would still be some what at ease. I knew my hunt would be more difficult and allowed more time for myself. No planning a year in advance because its not like a wedding hoping to make everything perfect. It can't be. My biggest obstacle was trust first in my outfitter and secondly where I wanted to go on my first trip.

I chose Leeukop Safari in Pangola , KNZ. The place is very spectacular. There was just one other couple when I arrived and one when I left. I had the whole place to myself. This to me was a prize in it's self. The guides Lloyd Safaris were fun, non pushy and were wonderful even though it was so thick you could hardly see in in bush.

Here are some pictures I would like to share. I shot a 28 inch nyala, 30 inch nyala, a 54 inch Kudu, a 32 inch waterbuck and a super old buffalo who someone would consider a cull but to me it was so special. It was hairless, ears shreded, teeth worn, a deep curl and they treated me so well with the trophy fee. I feel blessed and I'm not too religious! I met very nice hunters and they are on a totally higher level but ever so nice.

Again thank each and every one of you for your knowledge and input. Here are the pics ..sorry buff is upside down.

Happy hunting.

28 INCH NYALA.jpg
32 INCH WATERBUCK.jpg
KUDU.jpg
nyala good.jpg
Screenshot_20240422_130700_Gallery.jpg
BUFFALO.jpg
4 TROPHIES IN SALT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratz! AH is a great reference whether it is your 1st or 30th safari. Your smile conveys your happiness from the hunt. Thank you for sharing your adventure with us.

Very nice some superb animals there, congrats.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Great first safari, and you took some wonderful animals. Congrats. Any plans to go back, and where?

Congratulations on some nice trophies, beautiful waterbuck

Congratulations on a successful first safari. Thanks for posting. Nice critters

Congrats on a great hunt, Natal is a very special place, I hunted there twice, Pongola Game Reserve, and MKuze Falls PGR

Nice animals!, very cool buffalo. Thanks for sharing

Spectacular photo quality. What did you use to take the photos?

Very nice! Congratulations!

wow congratulations excellent trophies for your first safari

Excellent animals.
Congrats!

WOW, congratulations on a spectactural first safari. Obviously, you did your due diligence/research. Great pictures and your face indicates you had a great time.

I have samsung s24 note which has a wonderful camera as good as a single purpose camera. I will go back for sure with Andre and Steph at Lloyd Safaris in Pongola.

Very nice! Love that area

Well done on some great trophies, KZN is a special place....

What a fantastic first safari! Wow it did look thick this time of year. I love your attitude and thanks for sharing all of this with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonteDacey

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.