MOZAMBIQUE: Africa Safari Adventures Juan Pace Mozambique Zimbabwe & South Africa

I have personally written two emails about this guy and his shenanigans to Adri Kitshoff the CEO of PHASA and NOTHING has been done about it. It is a clear indication that PHASA has no teeth whatsoever and refuses to take action against unscrupulous operators. I ask you...of what value is the PHASA accreditation????!

Yip! Keep in mind to hunt with accredited Outfitters from PHASA...

I once again sent the current President and the Ceo a link on this . I personally sent them the first complaints about 3 years ago .... I will update should I get a reply ......

Posted today. Someone is going to loose money again.

Screenshot_2015-04-19-13-41-49.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys, yep i agree, it does seem that these pics are "copy and pasted" as he only features in the Top R hand pic….most likely not his pictures!
Is it not possible to do something at the Huntex this week to discredit him. Surely one of you guys will be there. PHASA also has a tent there. I am sadly not there this year!!

Good Evening Gents

It seems as if Mr Juan Pace is back in business or trying. He is currently advertising in the Jan/Feb 2016 Issue of African Outfitter and is in the States at the marketing shows. All I can say is : BEWARE

A leopard does not change his spots

Good Evening Gents

It seems as if Mr Juan Pace is back in business or trying. He is currently advertising in the Jan/Feb 2016 Issue of African Outfitter and is in the States at the marketing shows. All I can say is : BEWARE

Thanks for the heads up.

Apparently PHASA is just a symbol. I certainly do not mean to insult any outfitters here who are reputable and law biding operators. If PHASA is to maintain any legitimacy they MUST take action against complaints to its members, otherwise they lose credibility. Many of us here must save for several years to hunt Africa, a Hunt like this destroys that long awaited dream. Thank you for the heads up.

Johnny I agree with you, there was a time when PHASA for some reason accepted filth in their organization. I'm not going to name all the outfitters, but there were plenty associated with poaching, false paperwork...etc. The "line" do your own homework doesn't cut it for me. If an organization is going to be respected, then they have to police their own members.

Hope people going to shows don't get scammed. The price he is offering is not so good so I hope people shop around.

I thought that surely this guy was no longer a member of PHASA, but I was wrong.

I'd certainly like to hear why as it sounds as if this issue has been brought to their attention.

Screenshot_2016-01-17-14-03-03.png

The reason nothing has been done is phasa is a paper tiger. They care about there numbers and covering there own butts. Funny how no phasa members joined this thread to tell us all about the good they do. They tend to only jump on comments if they think it makes them look good or if they can spin it there way.

They sure dont make it easy to try and be on there side with all they dont take care of in there own house.

Johnny I agree with you, there was a time when PHASA for some reason accepted filth in their organization. I'm not going to name all the outfitters, but there were plenty associated with poaching, false paperwork...etc. The "line" do your own homework doesn't cut it for me. If an organization is going to be respected, then they have to police their own members.
Exactly. I think sometimes membership in an organization only means your dues check cleared.

The reason nothing has been done is phasa is a paper tiger. They care about there numbers and covering there own butts. Funny how no phasa members joined this thread to tell us all about the good they do. They tend to only jump on comments if they think it makes them look good or if they can spin it there way.

They sure dont make it easy to try and be on there side with all they dont take care of in there own house.

PHASA membership meant little to me before. Now it means even less.

They have some work to do to gain relevance.

Tim

My point exactly...and didn't we had many dicussions on this forum and other about being a member to PHASA or not...

I don't like bad mouthing competition. In fact, some may remember that - when one of our members posted about his experience with same Outfitter - I asked several questions to try and get a better understanding of the situation at hand - wanting to give the Outfitter the benefit of doubt...

Well you can now add my vote... If you hear the name Juan Pace - no matter what company name he is doing business under... RUN!!!!

Funny how no phasa members joined this thread to tell us all about the good they do.

No PHASA members joined the thread to promote/defend PHASA, but at least two members joined the thread in support of the original poster and his complaint. I'm not sure why any PHASA member would be inclined to jump to PHASA's defense. PHASA like any other organization is going to get some things right and other things wrong. This thread wasn't meant to be on that subject. That said I certainly agree that this is the sort of problem that PHASA should be inclined to investigate and do what is appropriate.

The current PHASA president came by the HartzView booth at DSC, but I'd long since forgotten about this thread and it only came back up again this week. If I see her at SCI I will direct her to this thread directly with my Ipad. I tend to get pretty busy in the booth and between now and then I have a family and job holding me accountable to all sorts of things. So if you want to send me PM's to remind me about this, I will make it a priority tot seek her out.

Why should a phasa member jump on this thread. Well maybe to show that they want to clean up there own house. They sure do like to tell other groups to clean there house up.Plus they sure like to take credit when they can but seem to stay away on certain stuff.

I am not looking for anyone to go out of there way to tell them or not. Being a phasa member will never have any effect on if I hunt with anyone.To me there just another group taking care of themselves which is just fine with me just dont act like your doing what is best for us hunters all the time.

Maybe instead of just cashing the checks they should start listening to what hunters think and say to. I am pretty sure the way more then a few people look at them both hunters and outfitters they could get some ideas on how to get better.

Why should a phasa member jump on this thread. Well maybe to show that they want to clean up there own house. They sure do like to tell other groups to clean there house up.Plus they sure like to take credit when they can but seem to stay away on certain stuff.

I am not looking for anyone to go out of there way to tell them or not. Being a phasa member will never have any effect on if I hunt with anyone.To me there just another group taking care of themselves which is just fine with me just dont act like your doing what is best for us hunters all the time.

Maybe instead of just cashing the checks they should start listening to what hunters think and say to. I am pretty sure the way more then a few people look at them both hunters and outfitters they could get some ideas on how to get better.

Well from my perspective, this thread was about Juan Pace and making his dubious practices known to protect unknowing hunters from being taken by him. It was not about PHASA to begin with. But it drifted in that direction eventually.

Whatever the case, I'm not here to argue with you Bill, quite the contrary. I'm quite willing to seek out the PHASA president at SCI and show her this thread, to communicate with her to try and be a part of the solution. I can't promise you she'll listen and act, but it won't be for lack of being uninformed of the issue. At SCI I would not be going out of my way, I'm in part there for hunting, working on this issue falls in that arena. But at my day job at this moment I have a huge list of issues to deal with, not all of which will get the attention they deserve. It will be that way for me through April. So if you or anyone else for that matter will remind me during SCI week about this thread through a PM, I will happily try to get some progress on this issue. I've setup my email to notify anytime I get a PM here on AH, so while I'm not on AH very much during that time, I am checking my emails through the day and will see it. Furthermore more likely than not if I'm checking my email it's because I have time to do so and so right then and there I'd jump on this.

We must to work on, in a list, hopefully no soo big with names of a persons and operations that are a cheaters and add this sign by their sides.....

danger.jpg

And keep it sticked in some place at the forum.......many decent, honest and good people will thanks for that......!!!!

I would 2nd Phil's recent posting. I have been attending the SCI Shows for 22 years, and have swindled twice.
If there was a neutral party to check on a PH's ethics and standing in the hunting community, I would have saved many $ and time!
I look forward to the Eyecandy reception, in Las Vegas, it has been a wealth of information!
Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brookbeans941

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!