Lions translocated to Angola from South Africa ...Conservation knows No borders!

PHASA

AH member
Reaction score
Website
www.phasa.co.za
Articles
Attached is a project undertaken by Warthog Safaris under Supervision of Phasa !

Attachments

• Angola.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 343
Congratulations on this effort.

Looks like SAPA is working hard to refute the minimal benefit to wild lions argument.
Good luck.

Damn, I wish there were a way to get this info on TV in the U.S. and the rest of the world.

I'm really happy that Angola's getting some conservation TLC, especially because of how overshadowed it is by its neighbors.

I have hunted with Warthog Safaris. Tienie and Ananja are tremendous people that care passionately about lions and run a great operation in the Limpopo and the Free State. Hope all goes well with this project!

For us non-biologists - any issues with the lions adapting to Angola, or is the environment similar enough?

I have some questions
1. Where did the lions come from?
2. How many females and males?
3. How are the cats adapting to their new home?

I have some questions
1. Where did the lions come from?
2. How many females and males?
3. How are the cats adapting to their new home?
The lions came from the Free State farm of Warthog Safaris in RSA. I sent a note to them concerning the other questions.

Now the anti's will protest that you are causing a shortage of lions in SA and they need to be on the endangered no-hunt list. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayadelhi01

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.