AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
www.nkwesafarisbotswana.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello All

Wondering if anyone has experience with Kenya Airways? Im planing a return to Botswana in September. I came across business class from JFK to Joburg with one stop in Nairobi for a great price.

From my little bit of research Kenya does not require Covid test for vaccinated travelers, also does not require a visa if transiting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I’ve flown them a number of times. Decent airline. I’ve never had a firearm on one of their flights.

Hello All

Wondering if anyone has experience with Kenya Airways? Im planing a return to Botswana in September. I came across business class from JFK to Joburg with one stop in Nairobi for a great price.

From my little bit of research Kenya does not require Covid test for vaccinated travelers, also does not require a visa if transiting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
I've sent you an email . .

My wife and I flew Kenya Airways a couple of times when we lived in Lagos, Nigeria. No issues, decent airline.

I used to fly Kenya Airlines regionally as a matter of routine.. mostly between Nairobi and Juba.. but also between Nairobi and Dar es Salaam and Nairobi and Addis and Entebbe on occasion..

Ive flown transatlantic with them twice.. both times between Dulles and Nairobi..

Fairly basic amenities, basic aircraft, ok food, etc..etc.. but never any problem with them at all that I can remember..

I'd definitely fly with them again if the route and the price were right..

The airport in Nairobi leaves a bit to be desired.. they did do some reasonable improvements after the terminal caught on fire in 2013... but its still on the lower side of a reasonable standard for an airport of its size supporting a city of its size, etc..

It is cool landing, looking out the window, and seeing herds of giraffes, zebra, etc.. all running around.. theyve intentionally kept a number of PG on the airport property that are all typically just hanging around within a couple of hundred meters of the runway when you take off and land..

makes for a neat experience..

I used to fly Kenya Airlines regionally as a matter of routine.. mostly between Nairobi and Juba.. but also between Nairobi and Dar es Salaam and Nairobi and Addis and Entebbe on occasion..

Ive flown transatlantic with them twice.. both times between Dulles and Nairobi..

Fairly basic amenities, basic aircraft, ok food, etc..etc.. but never any problem with them at all that I can remember..

I'd definitely fly with them again if the route and the price were right..

The airport in Nairobi leaves a bit to be desired.. they did do some reasonable improvements after the terminal caught on fire in 2013... but its still on the lower side of a reasonable standard for an airport of its size supporting a city of its size, etc..

It is cool landing, looking out the window, and seeing herds of giraffes, zebra, etc.. all running around.. theyve intentionally kept a number of PG on the airport property that are all typically just hanging around within a couple of hundred meters of the runway when you take off and land..

makes for a neat experience..

My son was stuck in Nairobi after that fire. The fire fighting effort was Kenyan efficiency at its finest!

Just an Info for the frequent flyers among you:

Condor is flying directly from Frankfurt to WDH/Namibia and Victoria Falls/Zimbabwe from October onwards.
Apologise OT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you