Dr Ray

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia + CRM Gunsports (Cairns)

This is not correct

Professional shooters rarely miss!

I know I have shot for them as well as being an observer.

There are at least 50m roos and in good seasons they will multiply like rabbits. Then along comes a bad season. What happens? They starve to death which is better than having their numbers under control???

The roo leather is very thin but incredibly strong. Pity shoe manufacturers didn't research more and not listen to someone bleeding heart woke!

Last edited:
What pisses me off more is that not only do you animal rights extremists pushing these lies and undermining the country, but you have the taxpayer funded ABC acting as a megaphone for them. Any party which adopts a platform to abolish the ABC will have my vote. Abolish it and have the personnel file of every ABC employee marked as never to be employed again in government service.

What pisses me off more is that not only do you animal rights extremists pushing these lies and undermining the country, but you have the taxpayer funded ABC acting as a megaphone for them. Any party which adopts a platform to abolish the ABC will have my vote. Abolish it and have the personnel file of every ABC employee marked as never to be employed again in government service.

The ABC have an Ombudsman office and can investigate and review controversial media and public complaints.

Dr Ray is right. Professional shooters rarely miss. Most exceed the accuracy requirements for the licence and they aim to cleanly kill humanely as it is required and also makes there job easier by working more efficiently.

Kangaroos are shot in the spotlight so they are sitting still and shooters won't take the shot unless they are confident it will be effective. Shooters select the bigger roos and don't want to waste time chasing a roo that has been scared by a near miss.

It's not about the killing it's an industry that will always harvest the meat , selling the leather makes use of the animals harvested.

Dr Ray is right. Professional shooters rarely miss. Most exceed the accuracy requirements for the licence and they aim to cleanly kill humanely as it is required and also makes there job easier by working more efficiently.

Kangaroos are shot in the spotlight so they are sitting still and shooters won't take the shot unless they are confident it will be effective. Shooters select the bigger roos and don't want to waste time chasing a roo that has been scared by a near miss.

It's not about the killing it's an industry that will always harvest the meat , selling the leather makes use of the animals harvested.
@CBH Australia
Roo shooter are paid by the kilo for a carcass so why use six shots for 6 small to medium roos rhat weigh 20kg each when you can shoot on big buck with on bullet and get 60kg .
Even Woolworths and Coles sell kangaroo steaks, mince and sausages to Joe public.
The pet food industry wouldn't survive without roo shooters. Yes there are some rouges out there but as a rule they don't last long. Body shot animals bring crap prices and are sometimes rejected by the buyers as well.
The roo shooters I know are all ethical hunters that are just out to make an honest living for their families and are bloody good shots. If they can't head shoot they will pass. It's no use wasting a bullet on something they can't sell.
When you shoot out a barrel every season, plus reloading cost, fuel and every thing else you have to make every shot count.
With the cost of reloading when you can get components or factory ammo some will ask is it worth it.
Dang Sierra even sells 55gn game kings in bulk 1,000 lots marked 55gn Roo load.
Next you know these greenie price will want to change the name on the box.
Maybe they could be marketed as 55gn GREENIE loads.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A Rosenth

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you