Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
KZN Hunters/ SAHGCA/
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
Good afternoon,

Can any member recommend a gunshop to visit in Barcelona. I’m still here until the 30th. Going to jump off a high building if I have to go along one of the wife’s food or cooking tours again.

Ps. On the train from Barcelona to San Sebastián they confiscated my spyderco pocket knife in check in luggage. Seems quite extreme here. The X-ray fortunately missed the leatherman…

Good afternoon,

Can any member recommend a gunshop to visit in Barcelona. I’m still here until the 30th. Going to jump off a high building if I have to go along one of the wife’s food or cooking tours again.

Ps. On the train from Barcelona to San Sebastián they confiscated my spyderco pocket knife in check in luggage. Seems quite extreme here. The X-ray fortunately missed the leatherman…
I can’t recommend a gun store from experience, but I can recommend architectural sightseeing.

I found online an “Armeria M.Roca” not far from the upper end of La Rambla that has some Westley Richards and other doubles in stock.

@Nyati may have suggestions, but I believe he lives in Madrid which is a fair piece from Barcelona.

Thank you,

Its exactly 1 mile from me. I’ll go look at that WR Drop lock. Not sure the .458 Sarasqueta will be much to get excited about, but maybe there are some other gems

I can’t recommend a gun store from experience, but I can recommend architectural sightseeing.

I found online an “Armeria M.Roca” not far from the upper end of La Rambla that has some Westley Richards and other doubles in stock.

@Nyati may have suggestions, but I believe he lives in Madrid which is a fair piece from Barcelona.

Right, I cannot recommend anybody in Barcelona

I found the place 30 min before they closed. Speaking Zulu for three minutes to the dear Spaniard behind the counter is also the best way to convince him you are not a British or American tourist and beg you to speak English…

He did briefly show me a WR boxlock with southgate ejectors and disc-set strikers (not the one on the website), but it definitely met a buffing wheel in it’s life and I wouldn’t be surprised if the barrels were also honed out. I’m not enough of an expert to tell if it was a Spanish knock-off but I wouldn’t buy it.

Do I detect a whiff of Castilian impressions of Catalonia? :unsure: :cool:

Sorry, not worded correctly, just came back from RSA after a 24h+ trip and in need of sleep.

What I meant is that generally I would hardly recommend any gunshop even in Madrid, so much less in Barcelona where actually I don´t know anyone.

I did have some good contacts in Barcelona when we started IPSC in Spain, but that was decades ago.

Sorry, not worded correctly, just came back from RSA after a 24h+ trip and in need of sleep.

What I meant is that generally I would hardly recommend any gunshop even in Madrid, so much less in Barcelona where actually I don´t know anyone.

I did have some good contacts in Barcelona when we started IPSC in Spain, but that was decades ago.
It's ok. I have some friends who are Yankees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LachlanZ68

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg