For You Snipers out There

It should do... The article links to a version that has MOA reticle and adjustments but mentions that it "will utilize the Army’s patented Mil-Grid Reticle". Not sure what exactly is in that reticle. Some modern reticles have so much stuff in them that it gets cluttered. MOA vs. Mil is pretty much a matter of what measurements you and your organisation is accustomed to handling. Mixing the two would just make things more complicated.

There might be European scopes that are better in some ways - but I'm certain that Leupold's top of the line is very good indeed.

In earlier times, people thought that there is such a thing as too much magnification for making a long shot. Now, it is mostly a good thing when you see more detail. See the mirage, for example, for judging the wind. Many sport precision shooters seem to prefer the 7-35 version of that same scope.

Attachments

• US Military Searching for New Long-Range Sniper Rifle in Bid to Keep Edge over Russia and Chin...pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarolHagen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.