Fitch and Leedes Tonic

Jetjockey

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I’m at home reminiscing about my last safari and dreaming of my next safari, that of course requires a proper Gin and Tonic. Problem is, I’m out of Fitch and Leedes and can’t seem to purchase it from Amazon anymore. This Schweppes tonic just isn’t doing it for me. Anyone know when F&L will be available in the states again, or does anyone have a good alternative to F&L?

IMG_5032.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Canada Dry diet ginger ale works for me. Don't imagine it would be much help for malaria but I've yet to see a mosquito where/when I hunt South Africa.

Attachments

• Classic Tonic | Jack Rudy Cocktail Co. – Jack Rudy Cocktail Co..pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Have you tried Fever Tree? Very good and used by many top mixologists.

Reactions: trg
I’m at home reminiscing about my last safari and dreaming of my next safari, that of course requires a proper Gin and Tonic. Problem is, I’m out of Fitch and Leedes and can’t seem to purchase it from Amazon anymore. This Schweppes tonic just isn’t doing it for me. Anyone know when F&L will be available in the states again, or does anyone have a good alternative to F&L?

View attachment 589898
gin of your choice (I prefer uncle vals botanical gin)
jack rudy tonic syrup
2-3 dried juniper berries (whole)
1 dried star anise ( whole)
2-3 dried green cardamom pods (whole)
topo chico
1 key lime (cut and squeezed)

this recipe was passed to me and now i pass it to you

I have not tried Fever Tree tonic. Seems I need to give it a try.

I have not tried Fever Tree tonic. Seems I need to give it a try.
jack rudys is better lets you control the tonic intensity since you add the syrup to the soda

Have you tried Fever Tree? Very good and used by many top mixologists.

I love the name Fever Tree. For the safari aficionado it really pulls you back into the old days.

If anyone doesn’t know, the fever tree is the yellow barked acacia, which grows near water/swamps. Back in the day people would naturally gravitate to the water/shade and camped under them. Of course the water was a haven for mosquitos and when people became malarial after a while, they began to associate the sickness with the treed areas…thus fever trees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shelli44Y

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.