Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAGA, SA Hunters
Hunted
RSA, Zim & Zambia
Hi Guys, does anyone have any experience with F.A.I.R or Lincoln (made in the same factory) shotguns?

I believe F.A.I.R. made guns for a variety of brands, but havent seen or heard too much about them. I have been offered a Racing Sporting version with amazing wood and lovely finish at what seems to be a very good price. BUT, I dont personally know much about them.

Any input from those that know would be appreciated.

The Shotgun will be used for Compak and sporting clays.:)

They are an Italian manufacturer that are part of the Italian Firearm Group that includes I think Sabati and Pedersoli. From what I understand they outsource and assemble more so than say Beretta. A couple of US dealers, Kevin’s for instance where I handled a couple of small bores, carry special runs of their guns. Most Of these are the higher grade designs and seem to run between 3 & 4K. The one I handled was a side-plated boxlock which seemed a close clone of the ubiquitous Beretta 686 action. In short, seemed to be a solid gun.

I have a F.A.I.R manufactured O/U in 20g mines a Verona 503 made for the big box stores. I think it made really well fit and finish are excellent and the wood is outstanding for an over the counter Shotgun
IMG_1430.jpg

I was told they were made by Rizzini when looking at an O/U. They look very similar, nice guns for the price.

Thanks guys, seems to be similar consensus to what I am hearing from some of the locals this side. I am going to go shoot it and then decide.

Ok, so I ended up buying the Racing Sporting FAIR. Absolutely beautiful gun and awesome to shoot.

In fact, it is indistinguishable from the Beretta 690 in looks and feel. (Ok, the 690 has some orange and different wood, but same components and geometry.)

I have definitely stepped up my game since starting to shoot this gun, so here is hoping for a long relationship! I will post a few pics when I get a minute!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakuli375

Latest profile posts

Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek