Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
Nearly all of the greatest generation of soldiers, sailors and Marines have passed. My salute to those remaining and those to whom we owe so much......82 years ago today.................FWB

I had the honor to meet a Marine who fought in Iwo-Jima, and a soldier who was part of D-day. Hombres with huge cojones. Greatest generation for sure!

When I was part of the Honor Guard at Homestead, I participated on several funerals, honoring these heroes.

Before this day fades into history, largely forgotten by the agenda driven media, let me thank Fox News for their special program honoring those fallen.
Although I am not generally a Steven Spielberg fan, his mini-series "The Pacific" (2010) is worth watching.
And lastly, as one anecdote from that campaign, Admiral Keiji Shibazaki said of The Tarawa Atols, "It would take 1 million men 100 years to take this from us".
35,000 sailors, soldiers and Marines, took it in 3 days.
FWB

Nearly all of the greatest generation of soldiers, sailors and Marines have passed. My salute to those remaining and those to whom we owe so much......82 years ago today.................FWB
Freedom is NOT free. God bless our troops....past and present...and their families for their sacrifice.

Freedom is NOT free. God bless our troops....past and present...and their families for their sacrifice.
I have a Tshirt that says "Veteran. Freedom Is Not Free. I Paid For It." I very proudly wore a uniform for 30 years, 6 months and 8 days. I remember WW2 from about 1944 on. We had a big celebration when it ended and I remember the banners and parade. All the returning service people were honored. Made a huge imprssion on a 5 year old kid that stuck with me and made the decision for me to become one of them.

I have a Tshirt that says "Veteran. Freedom Is Not Free. I Paid For It." I very proudly wore a uniform for 30 years, 6 months and 8 days. I remember WW2 from about 1944 on. We had a big celebration when it ended and I remember the banners and parade. All the returning service people were honored. Made a huge imprssion on a 5 year old kid that stuck with me and made the decision for me to become one of them.
Thank you for sharing this....and thank you for you LONG service to our country. My husband, Dad, 4 brothers, and brother-in-law have all served but not nearly for as long as you. And only my husband saw war as a cobra helicopter pilot in Somalia. I can't begin to imagine what all you have seen and suffered. Again.....thank you.

This time of year I always think about my dad, my uncles and all those who served in WWII.
IMG_5087.JPG

Reading this thread reminds me of a good friend, since passed away, we hunted together many times over our 15 year friendship. He fought in the Pacific, US Army, was wounded by a Japanese mortar & carried shrapnel in his left arm to his grave.
I miss him, & yes that was the great generation, we owe them a lot!

Thank you for your service

Thank you for sharing this....and thank you for you LONG service to our country. My husband, Dad, 4 brothers, and brother-in-law have all served but not nearly for as long as you. And only my husband saw war as a cobra helicopter pilot in Somalia. I can't begin to imagine what all you have seen and suffered. Again.....thank you.
Sue, tell them all thanks for their service

Before this day fades into history, largely forgotten by the agenda driven media, let me thank Fox News for their special program honoring those fallen.
Although I am not generally a Steven Spielberg fan, his mini-series "The Pacific" (2010) is worth watching.
And lastly, as one anecdote from that campaign, Admiral Keiji Shibazaki said of The Tarawa Atols, "It would take 1 million men 100 years to take this from us".
35,000 sailors, soldiers and Marines, took it in 3 days.
FWB
I don't think Ive watched that mini-series....but I'm going to put it on my list. I love historical dramas like this. Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pasquale75

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.