BRNO Effect? Break action single shot

Attachments

• Brno Effect - CZ-USA.pdf
    160.1 KB · Views: 22
See them on the auction sites now and then, not often.

What are they priced at now? I think I bought mine in 2010 and it was priced around $1000.
It is right around 1000, maybe a bit less. If it were a 7x65r it would be in my truck already! I’m pretty well loaded up on 308’s myself!

Gents; that fkbrno sight in "Gainsboro, Florida" is a scam. It is associated with a server in Singapore!! My cousin actually works for Brno Arms in the Czech Republic and has recently confirmed this fact for me. CZ still owns Brno, but their focus is on pistols and olympic-grade match rifles for the Euro market. I happen to be looking for a replacement stock set for my 308 Brno Effect, but no luck. I did, however, find a NOS Brno Effect in the Czech Republic and may have it imported to Canada. It is in the venerable 7x65r calibre, which is an excellent all-around performer. It is similar in ballistics to the 280 Rem, but has the case capacity to be handloaded even hotter, as long as the break action is modern and strong. My Effect is well used and is amoung one of my favourite stalking rifles. It is less than 6 pounds unscoped and is a very well thought-out and robust design. My plan would be to keep my 308 receiver for spare parts and have two interchangeable barrels, 308 and 7x65r... win win.

Last edited:
The Czech retailer contacted me. They won't export. Too much red tape and cost. However, I begged them to sell me just the stock set, barrel (of course) and the firing pin assembly. Fingers crossed. It would be nice to have 7x65r !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nedaalden

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.