BC for TBBCs?

Fatback

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I know this ammo is no longer manufactured but I have a good stash of Federal Premium 200 grain TBBC for my 300-win mag. I wanted to order a custom turret for my Leupold scope that is on the rifle. I know one of the pieces of info they need is the BC of the bullet. This info is not on the box, and I have not been able to find it with an internet search and a call to Federal. Does anybody know the Ballistic Coefficient of a 200 grain .308 caliber bullet? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

According to the Swarovski Ballistic Program they are a .395 BC.

If it were me, I would get a “book value” of the BC, possibly .395 as stated above, then go to the range and true it and/or get the actual drops for various ranges for the custom turret.

The TBBC line was discontinued?
A lot of the TBBC bullets have become discontinued. Including the 200Gr TBBC for the .300 Win Mag.

Others are officially listed as still being manufactured, but have been listed as "Unavailable" on Federal's website for the past few years (such as the 500Gr TBBC for the .470 Nitro Express).

The bullet library in my Shooter Ballistics software has the Speer 30 cal 200 gr TBBC listed as .392.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayadelhi01

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.