Airport firearm permits

Matt 72

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Was just looking for a recommendation for who to use to check our firearms in at Johannesburg and Windhoek and if possible to use same company at both airports ?
Cheers Matt

For Jo'berg it's a no brainer for me. I use Henry Rifle Permits.

Can't help with Windhoek. I don't know if Henry covers that area, but you can ask him.

Have you asked your outfitter for assistance or advice?

For Johannesburg, I had great service from Gilbert via Africa Sky guest house, where we stayed overnight.
Check with your outfitter, but we did not need any firearms expediter at Windhoek. It was a very straightforward process and was handled by the PH and myself. Just be sure to have your Namibian import documents available in hard-copy. Not sure that I would bother with emailing the documents to the Namibian Police, as it appears that they have not fully implemented that system as of yet.

Namibia as previously stated is a doddle. 1 page to complete and you are golden. Currently I have no experience of Jo,burg.

I used Henry at Rifle Permits also. Couldn't have been any smoother!

If you are staying night in Johannesburg. I’d stay at Africa Sky and use their rifle permit service. Their guy at airport Gilbert is great. You don’t need a service at Windhoek. It takes 5 minutes. Just send an email with information 2 weeks before your trip (you probably won’t receive a response) then show up at gun counter with your PH and the same papers (invite letter, 4457 (or gun license), 1 page Namibia gun application, copy of passport, maybe itinerary if they ask) they’ll write you a permit in 5 minutes. I just returned home from hunting Namibia two days ago.

If you are staying night in Johannesburg. I’d stay at Africa Sky and use their rifle permit service. Their guy at airport Gilbert is great. You don’t need a service at Windhoek. It takes 5 minutes. Just send an email with information 2 weeks before your trip (you probably won’t receive a response) then show up at gun counter with your PH and the same papers (invite letter, 4457 (or gun license), 1 page Namibia gun application, copy of passport, maybe itinerary if they ask) they’ll write you a permit in 5 minutes. I just returned home from hunting Namibia two days ago.
Yes staying one night in Johannesburg so will look at Africa sky , thanks for the info very helpful !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeanna9950

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.