A few seconds with a .500 Jeffery in Arnhemland...

Congrats on the successful hunt! I have the same rifle and I had some work done to it as well, had some lead added to the buttstock and forend for balance and had a new buttpad installed. The rifle is a hair over 12.5 pounds and it handles like a dream for me. It balances so well for me that I don't notice the extra weight that much. It has become my favorite rifle in my collection. I hope to be able to field test it very soon!!

Great shooting and great buffalo. Fun pictures. Can you tell me what is in the tree right above the buffalo? Is that a blind(I know it isn’t), a nest, or part of the tree? Thanks. To me it looks like the tree took a bunch of soil and the grass and grew straight up?

Great shooting and great buffalo. Fun pictures. Can you tell me what is in the tree right above the buffalo? Is that a blind(I know it isn’t), a nest, or part of the tree? Thanks. To me it looks like the tree took a bunch of soil and the grass and grew straight up?

Yes, just part of a tree.

G’day Dr Ray, sorry, beyond the obvious I don’t know. I will try to find-out soon. I’ve run-out of dig-time so far. I really do want to recover one.

I think it’s a cabbage palm / karnpayn with a build-up of dead fronds.

I think it’s a cabbage palm / karnpayn with a build-up of dead fronds.

It's not a Pandanus/Spiral Palm is it Ben ?

It's not a Pandanus/Spiral Palm is it Ben ?
I don't know for sure. I'm trying to get better at knowing the names of trees and birds, and I just looked in the Jawoyn book and tried to match it up. What we call pandanus here is usually lower to the ground with its foliage. But I have been wrong many times, so anything's possible!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeroldBonn

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.