458 plated projectiles for practice

Hunter4752001

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
There are at least a couple by brands of copper plated lead projectiles made for 458 SOCOM. In particular I like the design of the 450 gr projectiles made by CamPro in Canada and SBR in the US. These bullets are designed for the pressure levels and velocities of the 458 SOCOM but look like they may make a good practice bullet for 458 Win Mag/ 458 Lott. (NOT for hunting anything anywhere!).

Does anyone have any experience using these at 458 WM or Lott pressures and velocities. Do they function safely or is there a risk they'll strip jackets in the rifling or other adverse effects?
1698375833100.gif

The campro bullets have a heavy plating I have been thinking about the 405gr flat point for possibly hunting. don’t know if I’d get any expansion but should drive a nice hole in North American big game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DieterFerg

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.