416 Ruger Hogue Stock

Sammcc73

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
RMEF
So it Turns out the the Laminate stock on the 416 Ruger Guide Gun is NOT pillar bedded (ruger customer service said it was prior to my purchase) I am a function over fashion kinda guy. So I ordered a Hogue "B" barrel Stock in Ghillie Green. the Fittment is dead nuts out of the box, much better than the Laminate (which was tight on the barrel and had gaps at the tang). Will see how if effects recoil. also adding any weight will be a breeze ( if it needs it)
20240117_175839.jpg
20240118_153907.jpg
20240118_153947.jpg
20240119_093442.jpg

Awaiting the report!!

My .375 Ruger Alaskan came with a hogue stock and I love it, most of my hunting is in the humid south and formerly in coastal Mozambique. Works great for me. I think you’ll like it.

My experience with the Hogue stocks has been great. They flex a little when you fire and this absorbs some of the recoil. The "stickiness" of the overmold helps you grip and also attentuates recoil. At one point I had a laminate stocked .375 Ruger and the recoil ws noticeably stiffer than the exact same load fired from the Hogue stocked .375 Ruger. Welcome to the club! Like the green vs. the black as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviaJoine

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.