Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Tanzania, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana
Next up:
Zoom Safari 'Anything Africa'
My goal is to answer as many questions as possible! This is a great opportunity to ask advice on any general hunting topic, or a chance to ask a very specific technical question. This will be fast paced and fun!

Date: Thursday, June 11, 2020

Time: 7 PM central time USA

Structure:
- First come first serve. No questions to submit, No limit on number of participants. Just PM me that you are interested and I'll get back to you on the details.

- 30 second answers and move to the next hunter. Ask me about your first safari or a 21 day full bag. Ask about guns gear and travel... ask whatever!

Upcoming schedule:

Leopard Hunting - how I hunt...
An indepth look at leopard hunting and the intricate details of scouting, baiting, set up and hunting of this most illusive cat.

My pack / Your pack - safari gear.
What I carry in the field and what you should carry.

Countries that Hunt - and what to expect.
Comparison of countries that allow hunting. What you get for your money and why you should go there.

I expect to host them once a week through the first week in July... then I'll have to leave for Africa! Let me know which ones you are interested in attending via PM on AH. Let me know additional topics that you want to hear about!

Thanks,

Nathan Askew

Love it!
Unfortunately the time zones are a killer.
That makes it 1AM in Angola.
Could you please record the meetings so me and others can have access to it at a later date?
Thank you!

Hi - we will definitely make the recording again and I will post it a few days after.
the Dangerous Game video was posted on Sunday - did you have a chance to watch that one yet?
Thanks for the interest - Nathan

I’ll be there the first one on dangerous game was great!
good deal - Thanks.
I will be going through all of the PM messages soon and send out the details for the 'Anything Africa' Zoom Safari.

Hey Guys - the PMs are sent out.
You should have the log-in details in you AH inbox/PM box.

There is still room for more; we decided not to set a limit on participants now that I have a general handle on how to conduct these Zoom Safaris.
I will answer questions in less than a minute / then some follow up from the crowd / then on to the next hunters question.

should be a good way to spend an hour or so!

Last edited:
Hey Nathan,

Thanks for the update on Thursdays Zoom Safari, I'm interested to see how this new rapid fire format goes. The last zoom safari on DG was very informative, it was great to put a members face to their account name. I'm hoping for a good turn out again I had a blast the last time.

Yep - it will be fun and something different.
I have enlisted a time clock and referee to keep us on track!

if anyone wants information to participate please PM me asap and Ill get you set up.

referee.jpg

Alright team - all is on track for the next Zoom Safari.
See yall in about 2 hours.
I'm looking forward to a Rapid Fire session without too many 'Yellow Cards' from the official!
any last minute entries are welcome and ill try to check my PM inbox 30 minutes before we start.

If you couldnt make this one please see the schedule above in the first post and join us in the future.

Last nights Zoom Safari - Anything Africa was great, we discussed a wide range of topics for over three hours. The topics included:
  • Building a wilderness camp in Tanzania
  • License fees for hunting in Tanzania
  • Daily hunting schedule and routine on a wilderness hunt
  • When should your PH shoot and why on a DG hunt
  • What should the hunter do just before the sticks go up and what to do right after the first shot.
  • Boots, socks and gators
  • How to choose a good Outfitter and PH
  • Quality of PH's by country
  • Useless gear clients bring on safari
  • Items clients forget to bring
  • Binos and Range Finders
  • Color, style and quality of hunting cloths
  • What to carry with you or in your day pack
  • The difference between a wilderness hunt and a hunt on a high fence concession
  • Price vs Hunting experience
The best feature of these zoom safaris is Nathan himself, Nathan has almost 20 years of experience as a PH and Outfitter and provides very clear, concise, answers and opinions on the questions asked. If you an American Nathan has another advantage for us, he was born, raised and still lives in SE Missouri and American English is his native language, he also travels to Africa just like we do and knows all the ins and outs of airline travel to the dark continent. These meeting are a great time I highly recommend them experienced and inexperienced hunter alike and for those of you interested in hunting "Mr Spots" be sure and sign up for next weeks zoom safari its all about "Leopard Hunting".

@Art Lambart II really captured it. Last night's Zoom Safari-Anything Africa was exceptional. Great conversation with Nathan @Bullet Safaris, a whole host of topics covered, and just a really enjoyable time. And the conversation between participants sharing their experiences was delightful.

Frankly, it was the most fun I've had since the corona crap arrived, with the exception of time spent with my wife and daughter. I'm still on a high over it.

I will definitely be participating in the next ones. You should, too, either to learn, or to share experiences.

@Art Lambart II really captured it. Last night's Zoom Safari-Anything Africa was exceptional. Great conversation with Nathan @Bullet Safaris, a whole host of topics covered, and just a really enjoyable time. And the conversation between participants sharing their experiences was delightful.

Frankly, it was the most fun I've had since the corona crap arrived, with the exception of time spent with my wife and daughter. I'm still on a high over it.

I will definitely be participating in the next ones. You should, too, either to learn, or to share experiences.
thank you and you are most welcome to join anytime!
i think the new format went well; there was a lot of back and forth that made it fun!
we had a wide range of hunters - new hunters, old hunters, hunters that had been to africa and hunters planning to go.

Nathan I enjoyed our time. Sorry I had to drop off before the end but enjoyed my time with you and the guys.

Well worth the time! Cant wait for the next one!

Nathan I enjoyed our time. Sorry I had to drop off before the end but enjoyed my time with you and the guys.
It was great chatting and learning from you, too Mr. @CAustin. I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross