ZKK 600 Zbrojowka Brno .275 Rigby /7x57/

Is there the factory trigger unit ? The old ZKK´s same with a single set trigger only made by Zbrojovka Brno.

Mannlicher

Is there the factory trigger unit ? The old ZKK´s same with a single set trigger only made by Zbrojovka Brno.

Mannlicher, the ZKK came from the factory with 2 trigger options, the set trigger was a standard fitment trigger, but you also recieved a standard style trigger in a little green bag along with the bolt disasembly tool.

I have six (6) ZKK series rifles:

Two (2) ZKK 601 rifles in .223 and .243 both with pop-up aperture sights and both currently being rebuilt and customised,
One (1) ZKK 600 in 7x57 with pop-up aperture sight,
Three (3) ZKK602 rifles in .375, .404 and .458 Lott (the last two are conversions and not original calibres) but my 602s do not have the pop-up aperture sight as 602s with the pop-up aperture seem to be less common than they are in the 600 and 601 rifles. The pop-up aperture does conflict with the express sights, so maybe that is why they are less common.

Needless to say, I love the ZKK series of rifles, both with and without the pop-up aperture sights, and I am always looking for more of them.

Out of the box they can be a little rough but it does not take much work to clean them up and smooth out the action. Spend a little money and restock and you end up with a great rifle that is 'streets in front' of most modern rifles. But, as much as I love the ZKKs, I have never been fond of the original safety.

Accordingly, I have been changing the safeties on my ZKK series rifles to the three-positional bolt-shroud safeties like the Winchester Model 70 safeties - which I believe is the best safety system available. Over the years, the kits for these three position safeties have been available from a number of sources but I think that the only source, at this time, is Ed Lapour Gunsmithing (see http://edlapourgunsmithing.com/3-position-safeties/ ). These turn the ZKK series of rifles into something even better than the great rifles that they are. The only problem with the Ed Lapour safeties is that, with the recent hassles with exporting gun parts from the USA, Ed will no longer export these safeties. I find this frustrating because other companies such as NECG have been approved to export three position safeties for Mauser 98s, so I do not understand why Ed Lapour won't export his safety kits. It just means that us foreigners have to think up more imaginative ways to get our hands on these safety kits.

I will try and post some pics of my ZKKs with the 3 position safeties over the next few days, if anyone is interested?

Nice rifle. I love that it is marked ".275 Rigby", to me that always sounded so much cooler than 7X57. Wish CZ would replace the underwhelming 557 series with rifles like that(maybe with the safety turned around to the standard american pattern)

Nice rifle. I love that it is marked ".275 Rigby", to me that always sounded so much cooler than 7X57. Wish CZ would replace the underwhelming 557 series with rifles like that(maybe with the safety turned around to the standard american pattern)

I like ZG47, ZKK600, ZKK602. I think they are better than the models CZ.
Witold

Man I gotta quit looking at all the cool rifle pics you guys post. It makes me want one too, and that cuts into my hunting money...:D Beer Bottle:

Beautiful rifle, perhaps the finest rendition of the Mauser 98 action, in beautiful condition in the finest, time proven caliber. I salute you on your wonderful find.
As far as cost:
When you buy high quality, you are unhappy the day you pay for it and happy every day you own it thereafter.
When you buy low quality, you are happy the day you pay for it and unhappy every day you own it thereafter.
You did well.

Beautiful rifle, perhaps the finest rendition of the Mauser 98 action, in beautiful condition in the finest, time proven caliber. I salute you on your wonderful find.
As far as cost:
When you buy high quality, you are unhappy the day you pay for it and happy every day you own it thereafter.
When you buy low quality, you are happy the day you pay for it and unhappy every day you own it thereafter.
You did well.
Thank you. Steve.
Witold

nice rifle and calibre, but looking at the drop on the stock i know i would be looking at the back of the bolt and not even the iron sights let alone the scope........

Short in height or short in neck? :)

I hate trying to use one of those lightweight prone stocks that some people call hunting stocks. Dreadful things for someone my size! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg