Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, ATA, PITA, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF, QU & PU
Hunted
USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
British Doctor gets Zimbabwean farmer force-ably evicted from his farm
Jan 30, 2016

In Zimbabwe yesterday my cousin was force-ably evicted from his farm by the Zimbabwean police so that his farm could be given to a British Doctor practising at a clinic in Nottingham. The doctor and his wife have strong links to Mrs Mugabe the wife of the president Robert Mugabe. My cousin has owned this farm since 1981 and has a strong relationship with the local community providing employment and financial assistance to hundreds of people in what is currently a very deprived area. He currently has a tobacco crop ready for harvesting worth over $150000 which he has lost.

Police moved in yesterday and loaded their belongings onto lorries and forced the family to move. My cousin attempted to stand his ground and was arrested although thankfully he has since been released but the farm and all its assets have now been taken away from him.

The doctor in Nottingham is of Zimbabwean decent but is now a British citizen and he is the senior partner in the Willows Medical Centre in Carlton in Nottingham (http://www.willowsmedicalcentre.co.uk/)

This situation has particular interest for me as it is a family member but it is not unique by any stretch of the imagination. This man has been a pillar in his community and has stood up for his rights as well as the rights of ALL his fellow Zimbabweans and has now been left homeless and penniless by the politics and greed of a racist and corrupt government.

A doctor who is practising and living freely in the UK has been directly responsible for the force-able and violent removal of a man and his family from their house, their farm and their income so that he can claim what he rightly feels he should be entitled to.

I am not sure what good this will do but I do hope that there is some way that our communities here in the UK can do something about this man.

Dr Sylvester Nyatsuro SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

A real shame !

Unfortunately, there is little we can do about it :E Red Hot:

the Dr. is a real douchebag

The British should take this matter up seriously.

@TMS They should, but sadly I have little faith that they will do anything.

Complaint to the Royal College about the conduct of the physician. Sometimes the codes of conduct prohibit " conduct unbecoming of a physician" or similar language. It is worth a shot anyways to take a swing at his license to practice medicine in the UK.

Wonder if anything was ever done on behalf of the farmer?

Thats Total B.S.

the skin color of those involved will determine the outcome of any protest

I did a Google search and found this article from late March: http://nehandaradio.com/2016/03/29/appeal-mps-zimbabwe-vigil-diary/
It will be interesting to see where this goes. What's interesting in this case is the white farmer bought the farm about 30 years ago, with the approval of the Mugabe government. It would seem that he has clear title, but in a country where the rule of law changes often, who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross