tap

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I was looking into a zim ph by the name of George Brown. It appears that zphga has him labeled as full ph. Does this mean he is not licensed to hunt anything other than plains game? The other labels on ph's were associate, full ph, full pg, etc. do you guys know what these designations mean???

I was looking into a zim ph by the name of George Brown. It appears that zphga has him labeled as full ph. Does this mean he is not licensed to hunt anything other than plains game? The other labels on ph's were associate, full ph, full pg, etc. do you guys know what these designations mean???

Tap, A full PH would be a fully licensed professional hunter able to hunt any and all Dangerous game as well as plains game. A Full PG would mean that he is open to hunt pg and has not yet qualified to do Dangerous game hunts...

They also have a designation for other species excluding Lion and Elle I believe.... up until needed experience has been gained and such a professional hunter has gone through the needed apprenticeships.

May be Martin could help out on some of it but thats pretty much as it goes.

My best always.

To add to what Jaco says,

A holder of Full Professional Hunter's Licence is permitted to guide safari hunts that may involve all PG and DG that are allocated on hunting quotas.

The Restricted Professional Hunter's Licence is classified into two progressive categories; namely Restricted Professional Hunter's Licence with plains game animals and Restricted Professional Hunter's Licence with buffalo.

The former permits the holder to guide safari hunts that do not involve any of the dangerous animals whereas the latter permits the holder to guide plains game hunts which may include buffalo but not lion, leopard or elephant.

An Apprentice Professional Hunter's Licence is issued to a trainee professional hunter who is duly permitted to accompany a safari hunting party under a fully qualified professional hunter whom he understudies.

Hope this helps.

What im being told is that he has a license to hunt leopard and full plainsgame with restrictions on lion and elephant. All the zphga website says is full pg. how would i go about finding out if he can hunt leopard as that is my quary.

They do have a restriction such as the one you mention... And in such a case he should be good to do so.

PM Martin sure he could help you further maybe he knows him??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg