Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Congrats, thanks for the hunting report! There is nothing wrong with appreciation of the beauty of Africa! Patience is a virtue.

Thank you sir!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Thanks for your interesting report. I am definitely somewhat ignorant but can you explain to me the comments concerning more information with a private e mail. Sorry if everyone else understands—I am perhaps just thick. Thanks for your patience.

What I am saying is members can feel free to PM, call, or whatsapp me for more to the story.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
I am not a beginner, and would have also been letting the lead fly. This despite all my better judgement. I have no self restraint. Well, very little. I truly become immersed in the moment, and next thing I know, I hear myself say “Yeh, that is one beautiful (fill in the blank). Let’s go after him.” I have no regrets, except when I have to delay the next adventure because I blew my budget like a Nor’Easter. Oh well, ones man’s restraint is my next opportunity. LOL

I have had little to no self restraint in the past, but because of that house space is now limited, and taxidermy has started turning into euro mounts. Since I went overboard on three recent safaris, i had to be more careful on this one, for a number of reasons, also including do I really need another or a third one of (fill in the blank here with species) because its big?

Anyways, it was tough to walk away from some of the animals I encountered, but I'm ok with that and had a great time and hunt!(y)

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape)
Thanks for the report Charles. Glad you had a great trip.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
Thanks for the report Charles. Glad you had a great trip.

Thanks bud, hopefully I make it to DSC this year and I'll tell you more about it!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
Sounds like a great adventure. I bet you get what you're after. You are right though the experience is the most important thing after you been there a few times.

We had a great time and experience! If we both make DSC I'll tell you more about it.

Edge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
PA, NM, ND, Al, FL, MD, Eastern Cape South Africa, Zimbabwe x 2
Just finished reading @whitetail ’s report and yours, looks like you fellas had a great time! Nathan shared some info on his “rest of the story”, hopefully will get to talk to you in Dallas and get your story.

That waterbuck and sable would have been in trouble!

Thanks for sharing!

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Congrats for a great experience Charles, and thanks for the great pics !

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
Just finished reading @whitetail ’s report and yours, looks like you fellas had a great time! Nathan shared some info on his “rest of the story”, hopefully will get to talk to you in Dallas and get your story.

That waterbuck and sable would have been in trouble!

Thanks for sharing!

Be glad to share if I make it to DSC!

MikeNC

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Ducks Unlimited SCI NRA
Hunted
USA, Zambia
I enjoyed reading the report and seeing all the pictures, my friend! I look forward to getting some Zimbabwe dirt on my boots sometime in the future!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
I enjoyed reading the report and seeing all the pictures, my friend! I look forward to getting some Zimbabwe dirt on my boots sometime in the future!

Good talking the other night! Hopefully we can share a camp in Zim someday(y)

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Great adventure! Enjoyed your report and hope to see you at the AH dinner at DSC.

cagkt3

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
What a trip! Sounds like Zambia needs to make the short list

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KourtneyMo

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.