ZIMBABWE: Zambezi Hunters & PH Thierry Labat

Terrific report, and hunt! I really enjoyed reading this.

ZH is one of the outfitters that I've been considering. My non-hunting wife would be accompanying me as well, so I appreciated your comments on the lodging.

Can you elaborate on the general quality of the buffalo hunting in the area? That would be my primary specie, over a 10-12 day hunt.

On Sango, the buffalo hunting is good. I've shot four bulls on the Save, all in the 40 inch class. All were very solid and old and big bodied as well. You will have several opportunities at mature buffalo in 10 days and you should get your bull if you can walk, see, and shoot. Provided, you will not see herd of 100s of buffalo every day. You will track groups of 6 to 10 dagga boys and the occasional herd of 40 to 60. Very rarely do you see 100 buffalo, but it does happen.

I'd say the best option for buffalo with your wife along would be out of the Sango lodge. However, you could also make a nice hunt from Hammond - ARDA, which is also run by ZH. In fact, we really enjoy Hammond camp and Hammond - ARDA are, in my opinion, the best buffalo areas in the conservancy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg