Contributor
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.africanindaba.co.za
Media
Articles
Member of
CIC, Rowland Ward, B&C, DSC, German Hunting Association, KZN Hunting Association, Wild Sheep Foundation
Hunted
Western US, Western Canada, Alaska, Colombia, Tajikistan, Russian Federation, China, Iran, Austria, Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, UK, Indonesia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Congo, Tanzania, Uganda, Botswana, Namibia
EU Ambassador to Zimbabwe Philippe van Damme reassured members of the Zimbabwe Council of Chiefs that he will work towards convincing members of the European parliament to reject the proposed declaration to ban the import of hunting trophies into the European Union.

ZCC Chief Fortune Charumbira said after the meeting that the consequences of adopting the proposed declaration will cause unnecessary suffering for the people of Zimbabwe, as the revenue from regulated trophy hunting is being used to develop infrastructure and assist vulnerable local communities. The Chief also said that any shortcomings in trophy hunting regulations and practice will be addressed in cooperation with Minister Oppah Munchinguri-Sashiri.

The Zimbabwe Council of Chiefs had briefed the Ambassador on the situation of trophy hunting in Zimbabwe and EU representatives had discussed the issues with Government and other stakeholders, conservancies and parks authorities. It was reported that the EU Delegation will be looking at how the European parliament can be briefed on sustainable trophy hunting in Zimbabwe so that EU parliamentarians can fully understand the conservation, social and economic impacts of regulated trophy hunting. Ambassador van Damme urged Zimbabwe to fully comply with international standards regarding wildlife trade in order to win the confidence of the international community.

Author: Gerhard R Damm

I missed this post somehow but it would seem that the EU reached the proper conclusions.

Yes, the EU Parliament rejected it something like 3 to 1. It's old news. I guess we both missed it!

ME TOO.not to change the subject but dont forget moms day.good one to all of you out there.

The only challenge is that while the EU has rejected such a ban, individual countries are implementing a ban. France started this, and the Netherlands has followed. The U.K. Has said they will consider a ban on lion imports later this year.

I am told that these bans in defiance of EU rules are not permitted, but no one is doing anything to stop these countries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois