ZIMBABWE: Has Anyone Hunted With Roger Whittall Safaris?

458Lott

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Nordic Safari Club.
Hunted
Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Latwia, Germany, Polen, RSA, Zimbabwe.
Hi..
I'am planning a 10 day hunt with Roger Whittall Safaris in the Save Concervancy for Buff & Plains game next year, does any one in this forum know them..?? I appreciate any info regarding Roger Whittall safaris. Thanks.

I have not hunted with them...but know who they are. First class operation. I believe tim416 on this forum...sells hunts for them.

I wouldn't hesitate to book with them...if there was a spot open.

I was at Roger's home in the Save Valley this past September

If you check "The Hunting Report" website there are 15 or so reports from hunters that have hunted with Roger. All but one was positive and recommended hunting with him. The negative one speaks for itself but in a nutshell hunting conditions were very tough because of drought conditions and the hunter didn't get all the trophies he wanted. I have a friend who hunted with him some time ago and had a wonerful hunt.
Good luck and I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

Have hunted with them some years back (PH Peter Wood).
Very good once you get through the office booking.
Worth looking at their Mozambique operation also.

Hi

I have known Roger Whittall and his family for nearly 20 years and wouldn't hesitate to reccommend them.

I have been to Humani, their home hunting area probably 20 times and it remains one of my most favourite places in Africa.

Their Turgwe camp is the nicest. Big Leopard on Humani + I got my biggest Kudu ever there at 57 " Elephant and some Lion + Buffalo about, so you get a feel for real Africa, rather than a game ranch hunt.

Very nice family. Their son Guy runs the big game hunting operation and has some good areas in Zimbabwe and Mozambique.

Keep in touch and let me know how it goes.

All best

Tony

Several years back I hunted with Roger Whittall Safaris. To date I
have not received my trophies from that hunt. Inquires into the status
of the trophies have gone unanswered. The trophy preparation fees were
paid at the time of the hunt. I guess that was wasted money.

What year and where did you hunt? Some details would help.

I waved at Roger when we met him on the road in the Save last September. We hunted next door with the Duckworths and our trophies are in the states already.

I waved at Roger when we met him on the road in the Save last September. We hunted next door with the Duckworths and our trophies are in the states already.

Did you see hunter300's trophies in the rear of the bakkie?

NO,but I would have stopped and asked if I knew about it !

That's horrible. Sorry to hear that. Hard to believe the difference in reports.

First off I do not know or have I hunted with Roger. But Hunter300 is a new member, has two posts, and both within 5 minutes of each other and against Roger. Brickburn is correct for asking for more details but until then I am calling:S Bs Flag:on Hunter300

They are a top outfit with a great area, you should have a great time!

NO,but I would have stopped and asked if I knew about it !

Glad you would have helped out though.
You will learn about my twisted sense of humour!

To MMAL, why on earth would someone log into this forum and make up a story. I gave Roger Whittall 3.5 years to do the right thing. At which point I thought it might be a courtesy to other hunters to have this information when making a choice for an African hunt. My bill was paid in full and fees for trophy preparation were paid with the expectation that they would eventually be shipped to me. My direct inquiry was ignored as were inquires from John Burrell's High Adventure Company who set me up with the hunt with Roger Whittall Safaris. I have no explanation why someone would behave in this manner but they did, period. Now you might be a Roger Whittall fanboy and that is fine but these statements made by me are fact. Other potential Roger Whittall clients may appreciate this information before signing on for a hunt with Roger Whittall.

As a follow-up to my statement on John Burrell's High Adventure Company. I think even they became disgusted and embarrassed by the behavior of the Whittalls. After their multiple inquires to Whittall about what was going on and getting no response, they gave up, because my last inquiry to them went unanswered. I'm guessing they felt powerless to help me and were embarrassed because they are the ones who set me up with Whittall.

To MMAL, why on earth would someone log into this forum and make up a story. ................

Disgruntled people do it regularly. It takes very little effort to sign up to AH and make disparaging allegations.
Hence the request for some details.
Please start a thread and share your experience.

I sent and email to Roger, Hannah and Guy, making them aware of this thread.

Last edited:
To hunter300: This is John Burrell the owner of the High Adventure Company. I got an email Guy just now making me aware of your post. I am not aware of any of our clients who have not received their trophies, from the Whittal's or any other operation. Give us some details and we will get this fixed immediately. Guy is as good as the come and horrible embarrassed if this is real. Please call me at the office ASAP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,