Zimbabwe Political Update

Initial I believe. Apparently there are a number of mercs in country supporting the govmt and both China and Russia hanging around the rim looking for opportunity to capitalize. It doesn’t change my thoughts regarding my trip in August, but I sure feel for the folks affected.
Soldiers make piss poor police officers, and police officers make piss poor soldiers.
An Army who’s main task is keeping its boot on the populace is worthless defending borders.

Sad that Zim is in the state it is in.

50418406_10213244018324168_179974668894076928_n.jpg

The word I am getting is that Zimbabwe may now be some sort of a Russian colony (for lack of a better word) as a result of new treaties between the two countries.

There are a lot of news stories on the net about how Russia, among other places, is being courted to help monetarily,( and a Russian military base may be a part of it), and how RSA "may" help with a bailout.

Zimbabwe is fine guys , not saying we the breadbasket of Africa again but certainly not at war or major chaos going on.. banks and businesses are open again , schools etc back to normal, fuel can be found and if you pay in US$ it’s $1:10 - $1:50 at the most .. we have for years made a plan and that’s what we do best . Your hunts booked in Zimbabwe will be honored and no need to panic . Hell I have seen worse situations in neighboring countries and life still goes on and people carry on as per usual .. sure there were a few days of unrest which the media / social media blew way out of proportion..

This is not Rwanda or Kenya or some other country like Syria :.. there is no danger to anyone wanting to come hunting as we speak .. Wifi is working.. yes it was down for a day or so but this is Africa and a 3rd world country.. what can you expect.. even when there is no rioting things don’t always work ... let’s be honest here ... there has been worse violence in parts of the USA occur in one day than what transpired in the whole of Zimbabwe over 1 & 1/2 weeks ..

Yet we all come over to visit every year and carry on business as per normal..

Thanks Wayne. Cbvanb and I are booked into Zim in August with our wives. We have every intention of making the trip.

I’m having a hell of a time growing my hair out and getting into any kind of shape that would allow shirtless river crossing photos!
Round is a shape Cody.....:whistle:

B-Pig.................I am also going in April. If fact, I may have caused this. I bought two tickets to Zim on Tuesday last, and on Wednesday the riots started. I haven't caused anything major since I bought a business in 2008, and collapsed the world economy two weeks later. (And I did fish in lake Kariba the year it went dry, but this was blamed on the CIA) Although I fear I am possessed by a dark force, the die is cast. I am off to Zim late April..............FWB.

B-Pig.................I am also going in April. If fact, I may have caused this. I bought two tickets to Zim on Tuesday last, and on Wednesday the riots started. I haven't caused anything major since I bought a business in 2008, and collapsed the world economy two weeks later. (And I did fish in lake Kariba the year it went dry, but this was blamed on the CIA) Although I fear I am possessed by a dark force, the die is cast. I am off to Zim late April..............FWB.
Dear Santa Claus,

I know I'm a little late to make this wish, but could you please help to ensure that flatwater bill comes to Zimbabwe only after my trip...
:LOL:

Bushpg..............arrive VF, hunt Caprivi.................FWB

You guys in the US may be used to this with your government shut down.

Civil servants to strike on Friday over salaries

23rd January 2019

By Anna Chibamu & Agencies

ZIMBABWE faces a new wave of unrest as the group representing government workers announced on Wednesday that civil servants across the country will go on strike after salary negotiations failed.

David Dzatsunga, secretary of the Civil Service Apex Council, said the strike will begin on Friday as the country’s economic collapse deepens and frustration with President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s government grows.

The civil service umbrella body Apex Council said they gave their employer enough time to respond to their demands which include payment of salaries in US$ as well as better working conditions.

Addressing a press conference in Harare Dzatsunga tsaid the 14-day notice for an industrial action given to government on 8 January will expire in the next 48 hours adding the council will not be liable for anything that happens next.

https://www.newzimbabwe.com/civil-servants-to-strike-on-friday-over-salaries/

Stay tuned for another coup.

Hey we are back open! But read some where that being shut down for 35 days will cause 9 months worth of delays!

Temporary opening from what I saw on the news. o_O
Crazy politics.

Oh yeah we are definitely going to be shut back down, there is no way the Republicans and Democrats will be able to agree about the definition and differences between a wall, fence, enhanced fence, barrier or medieval vanity project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg