Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, Scotland, Wales, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Germany, USA (Wyoming) and Hungary.
I thought I would share some pictures of my recent trip to Zimbabwe. The traveling group consisted of my dad, brothers and I. We hired a 4x4 and did a self drive safari camping as we went. The trip was fantastic and I would return in a heart beat. The local people are very friendly and helpful, the food was great and the national parks are full of game. I took around 1,500 pictures so I will just select a few to post on here.

We landed in Victoria Falls - What a sight it is and certainly with a visit. We also went whitewater rafting which was a lot of fun.

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

Hwange national park was incredible! We stayed at 2 different camp sites for 2 nights each and we were pretty much the only people there. We barely saw any other tourists during our game drives and there were lots of animals, especially elephants. Highlights were seeing Lion, Buffalo, a pregnant Cheatah, and Klipspringer, to name but a few!

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
Did you happen to get Cecil's autograph while you were there ???

Good photos buddy . Where they all taken in the park or while you were traveling ?

Hi,

I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Regards

Very cool! You mentioned it was self drive, did you just grab a map and drive out of vic falls?

Great photos! I'm heading to Livingstone and Chobe in 2 weeks for a photo Safari. We almost cancelled the trip, since there was now no chance of seeing Cecil. But we decided to go anyway, with the small chance of possibly seeing some other lions and wildlife. I can tell from your photos that wild game is indeed scarce :)

Some good photos and i am sure you many more to remember your trip...

All these photos were taken in either Victoria Falls national park or Hwange national park. I have some more of the write up to do, when I get round to it.

There was very little game outside of the national parks in the areas we went. The local population is very poor and as a result the game is heavily poached to put food on the table. Inside the national parks there is a lot of game, Hwange in particular. We saw thousands of animals over the trip and game was seen through-out the day.

We did some research and had a rough idea of where we were going, but we made some alterations as we went. We had our destinations, rough distances between them and a map to navigate. It was all very easy and stress free.

Congrats on doing that trip yourself. I would have to think about that a bit. You have some very nice photo's and reminds me of my trip there last May. Thanks for sharing. Bruce

Ok for the professionals and those with even some experience. The 11th picture in is a lone elephant. Estimate of tusk weight please??

That Kudu is Beautiful,,thanks for the pics

More to follow shortly, including an on-foot Rhino treck in-which we got within 10m of a female white rhino and her calf.

Matobo Hills national park

It was here where we had arranged a day with a guide to track white rhinos on foot. Our guide was very knowledgable and had already spoken to the game scouts for information about where the rhinos were this morning. Once we found them the on-foot stalk in began. We got within 10m of a female and her calf. We were down wind and all crouched down in the long grass without them having a clue we were there. It was amazing to be able to observe these animals at such close proximity.

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

Next stop was a tour of some of the bushman cave paintings.

IMG_2489.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

After this it was onto Cecile Rhodes grave, where our guide gave a fascinating talk about his life and influence on Zimbabwe.

IMG_2511.jpg
IMG_2515.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2528.JPG
    IMG_2528.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2537.JPG
    IMG_2537.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 138
Great trip and photos! I have most of the same trip planned out in the back of my mind. I do admit to wanting to do a hunt near Kruger to start and near Hwange to finish. Really don't have any idea how I would fund the trip or find enough time to do it justice, but reports like this one will always keep it in the back of my mind!!

We actually booked this trip a week before we left! It was all very short notice. None the less we had a great time and learnt some tricks for the next adventure. Hopefully next time I will have a bit more warning so I can go out 10 days before and do some hunting then meet up for the safari part.

I liked the photo of the Kudu horns/carcass. A nice reminder that what may be a trophy to some is just dinner to others.

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross