ZIMBABWE: Philip Glass On Safari With Martin Pieters

Y’all need to look up all my hunt reports some cool ones
How many hunt reports do you have posted here? I found a couple from Namibia, leopard hunt in Zimbabwe, and night animals in South Africa, but I don’t know how to only search hunt reports? I found them by guessing on country with title only then your name in search. I started listening to lone star outdoor podcast and listened to your leopard hunt podcast the other day, it was really good.

@375Fox
To look for specific hunt reports, by some member:
go to forum with hunt reports
you have search option in upper right corner of the screen
then you have option to choose "by member"

@375Fox
To look for specific hunt reports, by some member:
go to forum with hunt reports
you have search option in upper right corner of the screen
then you have option to choose "by member"
Thank you, I have only been using the search feature on the home page until now. I didn’t know you could limit it to a certain category by going to the individual forum.

How many hunt reports do you have posted here? I found a couple from Namibia, leopard hunt in Zimbabwe, and night animals in South Africa, but I don’t know how to only search hunt reports? I found them by guessing on country with title only then your name in search. I started listening to lone star outdoor podcast and listened to your leopard hunt podcast the other day, it was really good.
Yes go to hunt reports then filter by my name. Let me know what you think.

I know I've read several, but this was a good one I missed so I'll double check!

Awesome to hear your lion is here, that's a special thing!

I can only cross my fingers that it happens for me one day but the chances are slim it seems
You have to go for it. Go hunt regardless of regulations. Life is too short!

Yes. President Trump got my lion here.

Shocked by your comment.

Happy you got your lion but cannot believe you would give credit to the president for its arrival? Trump did nothing for trophy hunting and actually made it much worse. Not a single elephant import has been approved since 2018-2019 and his "case by case basis" approach never was enacted. You should feel lucky that your lion came through before Trump opened his big mouth and stopped all imports by edict rather than by law.

Meanwhile, Trump Jr. has been on the safari show circuit giving the impression his father was a supporter of safaris. Trump said he wasn't a fan of safaris. Trump said he found them disgusting. Trump banned import. Trump unbanned import on a case-by-case basis. Trump never required USFWS actually do permit reviews, so they are effectively banned.

So just to recap, happy for you that you got your lion. Do not believe ascribing your good fortune to someone that undermined trophy hunting imports makes much sense.

Shocked by your comment.

Happy you got your lion but cannot believe you would give credit to the president for its arrival? Trump did nothing for trophy hunting and actually made it much worse. Not a single elephant import has been approved since 2018-2019 and his "case by case basis" approach never was enacted. You should feel lucky that your lion came through before Trump opened his big mouth and stopped all imports by edict rather than by law.

Meanwhile, Trump Jr. has been on the safari show circuit giving the impression his father was a supporter of safaris. Trump said he wasn't a fan of safaris. Trump said he found them disgusting. Trump banned import. Trump unbanned import on a case-by-case basis. Trump never required USFWS actually do permit reviews, so they are effectively banned.

So just to recap, happy for you that you got your lion. Do not believe ascribing your good fortune to someone that undermined trophy hunting imports makes much sense.
Rookhawk,

You have it about half right. President Trump did not act to allow imports of elephants. I do not know what that was all about. You are wrong about the rest of it. Obama put in the lion ban (Threatened and permit required but wouldn't give it to you). When Trump went into office the USFWS was told to start issuing these permits. This was about August of 2017 and they slow walked it. Then in November word came from somewhere for them to get off of their asses and issue the damn permits. I can not say with 100% certainty it was Trump but by all accounts it was his administration. About 25 lion permits were issued that November.

Philip

Rookhawk,

You have it about half right. President Trump did not act to allow imports of elephants. I do not know what that was all about. You are wrong about the rest of it. Obama put in the lion ban (Threatened and permit required but wouldn't give it to you). When Trump went into office the USFWS was told to start issuing these permits. This was about August of 2017 and they slow walked it. Then in November word came from somewhere for them to get off of their asses and issue the damn permits. I can not say with 100% certainty it was Trump but by all accounts it was his administration. About 25 lion permits were issued that November.

Philip

For sure Mr. Jackson of Conservation Force was the guy that got those lion permits processed, including the 7 year back-log of Tanzanian lions.

I just had to get my piece in when you were praising Trump for lifting a finger to help the trophy hunter. As a conservative, I found his big mouth and confusing tweet-policies to be incredibly destructive to safari hunting and frankly, i‘d rather have dealt with Obama policies in this area than Trump. Zinke was too afraid to touch the ES permits either. The administration and bureaucracy was quite comfortable violating the law which says they did (and do) have 60 days to review an application and approve, reject, or request more information.

Do I think Trump Jr. is a decent hunter and conservationist? Yes. Do I think he had the pull necessary, obviously not. I find he had a lot of balls showing up as speaker of honor at SCI while letting these injustices continue. You know darn well and good that Trump Jr. got all his permits issued timely, just not us little people.

For sure Mr. Jackson of Conservation Force was the guy that got those lion permits processed, including the 7 year back-log of Tanzanian lions.

I just had to get my piece in when you were praising Trump for lifting a finger to help the trophy hunter. As a conservative, I found his big mouth and confusing tweet-policies to be incredibly destructive to safari hunting and frankly, i‘d rather have dealt with Obama policies in this area than Trump. Zinke was too afraid to touch the ES permits either. The administration and bureaucracy was quite comfortable violating the law which says they did (and do) have 60 days to review an application and approve, reject, or request more information.

Do I think Trump Jr. is a decent hunter and conservationist? Yes. Do I think he had the pull necessary, obviously not. I find he had a lot of balls showing up as speaker of honor at SCI while letting these injustices continue. You know darn well and good that Trump Jr. got all his permits issued timely, just not us little people.
Well you've got your wish. You have the Obama policies coming and maybe on steroids.

Trumps sucked, I got a elephant sitting in Namibia for 7 years now ,and a lion in Zim for 5.. these asshoes.. got zero love for us.. now i just go to shoot shit... thats the fun anyways...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg