ZIMBABWE: My Excellent Adventure In Dande North With Charlton McCallum Safaris

Fantastic bull! Congratulations!!

You take what Africa will give you and that sir is a proper Dagga boy! Congrats.

On day 3 we returned to the same general area and followed some tracks for an hour to no avail. Dean decided to take a look at a spring he knew of. As we were pulling out of this particular valley, Teddy the tracker said he’d like to follow up another trail to see if he could find any tracks while we would go check out the spring. Teddy and Leonard bailed out and took a radio with them.

We hadn’t gone 500 yards when Teddy radioed us and said to get back there. When we arrived Teddy said he had spotted a lone dugga boy that was old and beautiful. I joked…”old and beautiful like me?” He looked me in the eye and said, “better.” We broke up.

Then Teddy led us to the most magnificent site I’ve seen in my hunting career. This was a super bull and he was standing perfectly broadside at 40 yards. All Dean said was “shoot him now please.” I shot the 458 Lott and he dropped in his tracks and immediately started his death bellow. A couple of insurance shots and then the celebration started.

This is a bull of my lifetime for sure. Super old. Just shy of 44 inches wide. Large bosses. Broomed tips. Everything I ever wanted….more than I dreamed actually. Dean and Allan Shearing said he’s the biggest taken this year and right up there with the best they’ve taken in the Dande when you consider age and measurements.

View attachment 423793
View attachment 423796
View attachment 423800
The bull of a lifetime.

What a stunning bull! You will hunt a lot of buffalo to see anything that will compete with that old warrior!

Congrats on the nice bull!!

It’s really good to see Charles hunting. He was Len Taylor’s head tracker but couldn’t move to Botswana with Len. He’s a great tracker but more importantly a first class human being.

That bull is what dreams are made of. Congratulations.

‘Shoot him now, please.’
Absolutely love it!
CMS is a top notch operation, but they can’t make you shoot straight. Congratulations on seizing the opportunity of a lifetime, and capturing every buffalo hunter’s dream!!!

Waidmannsheil @Doug3006 ! Magnificent bull you took! Looking forward hearing the rest of your adventures and thanks for sharing so far!

That is a fantastic buffalo and he is beautiful! Congratulations! Love the PH’s instructions

You have harvested a bull of a lifetime! Congratulations looking forward to the rest of the story.

A great bull, congrats !

nothing like perfect shot placement.

............ When we arrived Teddy said he had spotted a lone dugga boy that was old and beautiful. I joked…”old and beautiful like me?” He looked me in the eye and said, “better.” We broke up............

I have to say Teddy was spot on.
Congratulations.

On day 3 we returned to the same general area and followed some tracks for an hour to no avail. Dean decided to take a look at a spring he knew of. As we were pulling out of this particular valley, Teddy the tracker said he’d like to follow up another trail to see if he could find any tracks while we would go check out the spring. Teddy and Leonard bailed out and took a radio with them.

We hadn’t gone 500 yards when Teddy radioed us and said to get back there. When we arrived Teddy said he had spotted a lone dugga boy that was old and beautiful. I joked…”old and beautiful like me?” He looked me in the eye and said, “better.” We broke up.

Then Teddy led us to the most magnificent site I’ve seen in my hunting career. This was a super bull and he was standing perfectly broadside at 40 yards. All Dean said was “shoot him now please.” I shot the 458 Lott and he dropped in his tracks and immediately started his death bellow. A couple of insurance shots and then the celebration started.

This is a bull of my lifetime for sure. Super old. Just shy of 44 inches wide. Large bosses. Broomed tips. Everything I ever wanted….more than I dreamed actually. Dean and Allan Shearing said he’s the biggest taken this year and right up there with the best they’ve taken in the Dande when you consider age and measurements.

View attachment 423793
View attachment 423796
View attachment 423800
Beautiful bull!!! Congratulations!!!

Congratulations, it is a bull of a lifetime for sure. :A Thumbs Up:

Wow, 44, I am jealous. Exactly what I am looking for.

Last edited:
Great report, great bull, great shot!

Well done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross