MMAL

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Jersey, New York, Wyoming, Colorado, Mexico, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Northwest Territories, Newfoundland, Namibia
You take what Africa will give you and that sir is a proper Dagga boy! Congrats.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
On day 3 we returned to the same general area and followed some tracks for an hour to no avail. Dean decided to take a look at a spring he knew of. As we were pulling out of this particular valley, Teddy the tracker said he’d like to follow up another trail to see if he could find any tracks while we would go check out the spring. Teddy and Leonard bailed out and took a radio with them.

We hadn’t gone 500 yards when Teddy radioed us and said to get back there. When we arrived Teddy said he had spotted a lone dugga boy that was old and beautiful. I joked…”old and beautiful like me?” He looked me in the eye and said, “better.” We broke up.

Then Teddy led us to the most magnificent site I’ve seen in my hunting career. This was a super bull and he was standing perfectly broadside at 40 yards. All Dean said was “shoot him now please.” I shot the 458 Lott and he dropped in his tracks and immediately started his death bellow. A couple of insurance shots and then the celebration started.

This is a bull of my lifetime for sure. Super old. Just shy of 44 inches wide. Large bosses. Broomed tips. Everything I ever wanted….more than I dreamed actually. Dean and Allan Shearing said he’s the biggest taken this year and right up there with the best they’ve taken in the Dande when you consider age and measurements.

View attachment 423793
View attachment 423796
View attachment 423800
The bull of a lifetime.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
What a stunning bull! You will hunt a lot of buffalo to see anything that will compete with that old warrior!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania
Congrats on the nice bull!!

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
It’s really good to see Charles hunting. He was Len Taylor’s head tracker but couldn’t move to Botswana with Len. He’s a great tracker but more importantly a first class human being.

cls

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
That bull is what dreams are made of. Congratulations.

Commish

AH member
Reaction score
‘Shoot him now, please.’
Absolutely love it!
CMS is a top notch operation, but they can’t make you shoot straight. Congratulations on seizing the opportunity of a lifetime, and capturing every buffalo hunter’s dream!!!

VertigoBE

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa
Waidmannsheil @Doug3006 ! Magnificent bull you took! Looking forward hearing the rest of your adventures and thanks for sharing so far!

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
You have harvested a bull of a lifetime! Congratulations looking forward to the rest of the story.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
A great bull, congrats !

edward

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
safari club,nra,d.s.c.
Hunted
south africa and zimbabwe.alaska and several lower 48 states.
nothing like perfect shot placement.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
............ When we arrived Teddy said he had spotted a lone dugga boy that was old and beautiful. I joked…”old and beautiful like me?” He looked me in the eye and said, “better.” We broke up............

I have to say Teddy was spot on.
Congratulations.

Rare Breed

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
On day 3 we returned to the same general area and followed some tracks for an hour to no avail. Dean decided to take a look at a spring he knew of. As we were pulling out of this particular valley, Teddy the tracker said he’d like to follow up another trail to see if he could find any tracks while we would go check out the spring. Teddy and Leonard bailed out and took a radio with them.

We hadn’t gone 500 yards when Teddy radioed us and said to get back there. When we arrived Teddy said he had spotted a lone dugga boy that was old and beautiful. I joked…”old and beautiful like me?” He looked me in the eye and said, “better.” We broke up.

Then Teddy led us to the most magnificent site I’ve seen in my hunting career. This was a super bull and he was standing perfectly broadside at 40 yards. All Dean said was “shoot him now please.” I shot the 458 Lott and he dropped in his tracks and immediately started his death bellow. A couple of insurance shots and then the celebration started.

This is a bull of my lifetime for sure. Super old. Just shy of 44 inches wide. Large bosses. Broomed tips. Everything I ever wanted….more than I dreamed actually. Dean and Allan Shearing said he’s the biggest taken this year and right up there with the best they’ve taken in the Dande when you consider age and measurements.

View attachment 423793
View attachment 423796
View attachment 423800
Beautiful bull!!! Congratulations!!!

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa

Congratulations, it is a bull of a lifetime for sure. :A Thumbs Up:

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
Wow, 44, I am jealous. Exactly what I am looking for.

Last edited:

tarbe

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Great report, great bull, great shot!

Well done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daktari’s-Mfalme

Latest profile posts

NTH wrote on Rick HOlbert's profile.
Nice “meeting” you Rick. I made my first trip to S. Africa this year through Kuche Safaris. We had an incredible time. What outfitter do you use? Neal
LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY World Leader In Superior Taxidermy Since 1981

taxidermy-south-africa.jpg
Global Rescue - Worldwide Emergency Evacuation & Field Rescue, Anytime Anywhere

global-rescue.jpg
Special 10% Off On Taxidermy For AfricaHunting Members 2021

taxidermy-in-texas.jpg
TROPHY SHIPPERS - You Enjoy Your Hunt, We'll Get Your Trophies Home

hunting-trophy-shipper.jpg