Member of
ZPHGA,SOAZ,SCI, ZTA
Hunted
Most countries
martin-pieters-safaris.jpg

Martin Pieters Safaris

Zimbabwe

2015 newsletter # 3

As we head into the final quarter of what has been an exceptional year for us at Martin Pieters safaris, we are proud yet again to boast that we are one of the leaders in the field of dangerous game hunting in Zimbabwe. With 14 fantastic leopard in the salt, 2 heavily maned lion and numerous trophy elephant, buffalo, hippo and crocodile in the skinning shed and en route to their owners we head into what we consider to be the prime time for trophy buffalo.

Our last several buffalo hunts have yielded massive solid bossed bulls and we are seeing large numbers of dagga boys concentrating around the numerous springs in our Zambezi valley concession.

NEISSA CROC.JPG

Lake Kariba is at its lowest in 25 years and the floodplain is vast allowing the herds of buffalo to fatten up on the nutrient rich lake shore grass ( panicum ), large herds of waterbuck, impala and zebra can be seen as they move from the dry escarpment towards cooler green belt along the lake.

Our Ume camp along the Matusadonna national park boundary has been refurbished and is looking fantastic, we are currently doing further refurbs to enhance your experience with us.

DUNN BUFFALOJPG.JPG

Our south east Zimbabwe concession, Bubiana continues to produce some of the biggest leopard in the country. The plains game numbers are out of this world and the lodge experience is sometimes considered “ too luxurious” for wild Africa, we take 5 leopard annually out of this area and currently have 2 tags left for 2016, don’t delay, contact me to secure your hunt before we sell out.

Boulderaerial.jpg

Don’t forget to visit our website for up to date blogs as well as photos www.martinpieterssfaris.com

KILTS BUSHBUCK.JPG

BUTCO KUDU.JPG

MUCKERMAN BUSHBUCK.jpg

The Zambezi valley gets hot at this time of the year with temperatures reaching 100 F during the day. This makes for early mornings and long hot walks, some of our most memorable experiences after a long hard stalk is drinking from ice cold springs that are scattered throughout the Omay. We are not the only ones that enjoy the bitterly cold spring water, numerous game paths intertwine and meander through the valley, most leading to water or impenetrable jesse.

2015 is no exception and we have continued to take monster hippo and massive crocodile. If you are after either species, you will not find a hunting area with more abundant trophy quality animals. Combine this with some late season fishing on the lake for tiger and numerous other species and you will make memories that last a lifetime.

October and November are considered to be the finest months for tiger in Kariba, we can tailor make a fishing safari for you or add a few days onto you late season hunt. Several tags remain for various species and we are offering some amazing deals for late season hunts, drop me a mail on martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com

CHAMBERS HIPPO.jpg

CHAMBERS CROC.jpg

MUCKERMAN TUSK LESS.jpg

FERGUSON LEOPARD.jpg

Hunt hard…. stay safe

From your Martin Pieters safaris team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your successes this year.

Thank you Martin for sharing...

It appears, that Some great trophies are being taken by your satisfied clients...

way to go .........
looks like a great team to hunt with ..............

Looks like a lot of happy clients. Congrats on a great season.

R.

Love the twist on that second bushbuck....

Congrats on a fine season.

Royal27...thanks, that was mine. I didnt plan on a bushbuck, but wasn't going to let him walk. They have quite a few bushbuck around.

Royal27...thanks, that was mine. I didnt plan on a bushbuck, but wasn't going to let him walk. They have quite a few bushbuck around.

Thank you!

No way I could have passed on him either. If Africa is nice enough to offer something like that you just have to take it. :)

The Omay is a fair chase, wilderness hunter's dream. You work hard but Martin's guys get you on the game. Hope to return for spots.

Looks like a great season in the Omay. Nice job Martin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg