ZIMBABWE: Headed To Dande In Sept With Charlton McCallum Safaris

Crossing fingers, 40 days to wheels up now.

I didn't ask for a specific camp either, they told me I'd start there.
Ah. Well, I have not been told my camp yet. Maybe I will find out before we head out. Either way, Can always pass on that we would like to meet an evening for a beverage, if remotely possible.

Yeah, I had contacted Buzz on WhatsApp to find out as I was curious.

I’ll be there Sept 6th. Hunting buffalo, whatever else. Hope to see y’all there.

I'm not sure about the camp yet either. Myles says Pedza/ Mukanga or Mururu. We'll be hunting with Dean Kendall and Alan Shearing. 63 days until launch! I'm having trouble focusing on anything else. @SCLawyer, we'll arrive in camp on Aug 28th and hunt for 12 days. Hopefully we'll cross paths in Dande!

Wow, a lot of us are hunting with CMS this year.
Sure seems like it. We oughta ask for an AH discount! :cool: They have a great reputation and by all accounts run a tight ship. I'm expecting to see a bunch of exciting and complimentary hunt reports on this website in October!!!

Y'all got me curious about camps. I emailed and have been told I'll be a Mukanga. My PH is Keith Wall. I suspect we'll wind up on the Zambezi for a day or so at the end. I'm so excited that it is hard to even think about anything else.

Y'all got me curious about camps. I emailed and have been told I'll be a Mukanga. My PH is Keith Wall. I suspect we'll wind up on the Zambezi for a day or so at the end. I'm so excited that it is hard to even think about anything else.
I'm right there with ya! It has been in the planning phase for so long (thanks to covid) that it's been painful. Now just 63 days to go and it's starting to get real.

My son and I will be at Nyakasanga starting 7/31 for 21 days.
That’s another place I’d love to see....and hunt! Good luck Adamsdjr!

Interesting. I can't get anywhere direct from St. Louis! Once upon a time.....
So we have just one itinerary, but have to change airlines in Houston. Emirates won't accept transferred guns...you have to present them in person at the ticket counter. So, there's the added hassle of claiming and rechecking luggage in Houston. I've done it before on a trip to Zambia on Qatar Airlines. It wasn't a big deal. Sure would be better though to check luggage all the way to Harare. Oh well.....

Best of luck on your trip to Dande 375Fox.
I checked my bags through to Harare earlier this month on Qatar airlines from Alabama. Just had to talk to the guys at Qatar airways and they retagged the bags in dallas then no issues

I checked my bags through to Harare earlier this month on Qatar airlines from Alabama. Just had to talk to the guys at Qatar airways and they retagged the bags in dallas then no issues
That's interesting! Thanks for the tip. I'll check with Shawn at Gracy. Maybe things have changed. If the official policy remains as it was...your experience was a fortunate one. I'm not that lucky!

That's interesting! Thanks for the tip. I'll check with Shawn at Gracy. Maybe things have changed. If the official policy remains as it was...your experience was a fortunate one. I'm not that lucky!
I don't know the official policy but they did it for 4 of us on two separate days so? They said they could do it with a retag due to the partnership they had with South African Airlink that American airlines did not have.

you need to know by bag tag number which bag is guns and which has ammo in it.

I don't know the official policy but they did it for 4 of us on two separate days so? They said they could do it with a retag due to the partnership they had with South African Airlink that American airlines did not have.

you need to know by bag tag number which bag is guns and which has ammo in it.
Thanks again for the info. It would be a great thing to do as you did and check my bag and case all the way through to Harare.

I'm just 49 days out now. COVID is surging in Zimbabwe. The country has re-instituted a lock down.

1625686991181.png

Yea they did that in kariba while I was there it did nit affect hunters at that time but closed all bars and restaurants. Have not seen anything else since then that would have been mid June

I asked about my hunt this morning. He said there are more restrictions, but hunting and international travel to airport is still running as normal.

I hope this works out for all of you! I think it will. So far it seems hunting/tourism are considered essential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllieBoatm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross