ZIMBABWE: Has Anyone Hunted With Phillip Mafuta In Zimbabwe?

Gerry Addison

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Looking for anyone that has hunted with Phillip Mafuta in Save Conservancy. Would love to hear about your experience.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Given this resume I think you might have a winner:

"My name is Phillip Mafuta. I was born on 5 May 1985, on Humani Ranch (now Save Valley Conservancy) Chiredzi, Zimbabwe. I was born right on the farm and not in a hospital!
When and where were you born?

Hunting runs in the family. It started with my father, Hama Mafuta, who was the head tracker and later PH for “Svikesvike” Whittal, father of Roger Whittal. My big brothers, Madya, Gadzira and Edmore were all Zimbabwe PHs and I would go with each of them every school holiday to hunt. This inspired to become a PH myself.

Which countries have you hunted and where are you hunting these days?

Zambia, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, South Africa. I am now hunting in the Eastern Cape at Kuduskop Safaris."
AHG

Looks like he has hunted for a bunch of different Outfitters, judging from his FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/phillip.mafuta

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 10.36.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 10.36.24 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 69

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.