ZIMBABWE: Has Anyone Hunted With Green African Safaris?

Grant Jones

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Malawi, Senegal, South Africa, USA
Has anyone hunted buffalo with Green African Safaris? Can't seem to locate any reviews on this outfitter.

I just reserved dates on the same hunt you are likely researching, the Cape Buff hunt. I’m interested in any past experiences as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they're a relatively new company, so I doubt you'll find many folks that have hunted with them.

I do have two friends that have hunts booked with them in 2021 and 2022 through a US booking agent. Likely the same person you guys are dealing with.

Its a brand new company owned by a swedish business man, so don´t think you will find many reports out there. Good or bad, i don´t know.. Future hunters will tell us.

the best way, is direct contact to outfitter, and ask references from previous clients.

What is the Swedish business man's name?

What is the Swedish business man's name?
His name is Tomas Kjellsson. I met him this year at DSC. He was just wondering around and my buddy recognized him from FB. We struck up a conversation with him and he hung out with us the rest of the day.

Companies are a way to protect individuals from liability and to provide tax advantage. The name means little. Most important, who is the operator and the PH? That means everything.

Operations manager and PH is Phillip Mafuta.
Owner is Tomas Kjelsson.

Google is your friend- Philip Mafuta- African Hunting Gazette interview and then some news articles. You can't believe everything you read in the news but do a little research and see what you think ?

You can also check on Zimbabwe Professional Hunters and Guides website for members and contact ZPHGA via email for any further info on particular hunters.

Then there were a few questionable news articles that popped up-maybe read them too. Our dentist friend taught the world that it can be an expensive mistake if you choose the wrong PH/company.

I just borrow this post for a few sec to post a few words.

It is true that the owner of Green Safari Africa is from Sweden. What he has done so far is good and he knows what he is doing. Tomas Kjellsson is the owner of Green Safari Africa and previously Phillip Mafuta worked in the company. Phillip Mafuta has done many bad things but has been away from the company for a long time.

So when you who book with Green Safari Africa and with Tomas Kjellsson then you get a good Safari with a professional team.

I just finished a great hunt with Leloma Hunting Safaris that is run/owned by Philip Mafuta. Simon Dzingai was my PH. Simon was excellent: took a leopard, dagga boy and zebra. Blew my chance on a beautiful kudu. Not sure what the previous post is referring to about Philip but I am already making plans to hunt there next year. He did cut business ties with Tomas to start Leloma. Philip has hunting rights to thousands of acres. He has my endorsement.

I just finished a great hunt with Leloma Hunting Safaris that is run/owned by Philip Mafuta. Simon Dzingai was my PH. Simon was excellent: took a leopard, dagga boy and zebra. Blew my chance on a beautiful kudu. Not sure what the previous post is referring to about Philip but I am already making plans to hunt there next year. He did cut business ties with Tomas to start Leloma. Philip has hunting rights to thousands of acres. He has my endorsement.
I don’t know anything about the company or owner. I’m sure you had a great hunt, but I would make sure you get your trophies back before you fully endorse, particularly the leopard. Hunting is easy, getting trophies home is something else. That would be my primary concern with an unknown company.

I searched a little bit ,and this link and one from today showed up . more turned up. It is a awful and sad situation ,and not much more to say than the link can say .

I am embarrased to say that this sounds very typical of my Zimbabwean kinsmen. It seems to be a hangover from the tragic land redistribution programme where entitlement overlaps way into crime now. It is sad because it is the few that are spoiling it for the rest. There are some excellent black-owned operations that have the rogues to thank for an uphill battle now.
please do your homework and do not support the rogues. And please don't endorse any outfit lightly, the money ends up in the rogues pocket, not the PH's. Your discernment is the strongest weapon we have against corruption.

I am embarrased to say that this sounds very typical of my Zimbabwean kinsmen. It seems to be a hangover from the tragic land redistribution programme where entitlement overlaps way into crime now. It is sad because it is the few that are spoiling it for the rest. There are some excellent black-owned operations that have the rogues to thank for an uphill battle now.
please do your homework and do not support the rogues. And please don't endorse any outfit lightly, the money ends up in the rogues pocket, not the PH's. Your discernment is the strongest weapon we have against corruption.

Yes its very sad seeing how a firm that is doing much to help so many people in the community is being looked upon as a source of wealth and oppertunity to take it from them.

Anyway this post was a couple of days after the previous one in the Herald .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg