ZIMBABWE: Has Anyone Hunted With Green African Safaris?

Grant Jones

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Malawi, Senegal, South Africa, USA
Has anyone hunted buffalo with Green African Safaris? Can't seem to locate any reviews on this outfitter.

hoguer

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I just reserved dates on the same hunt you are likely researching, the Cape Buff hunt. I’m interested in any past experiences as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

jasyblood

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
USA, RSA(Limpopo x 4, Eastern Cape x 1, Northern Cape x 1, Northwest x 2), Hungary, Serbia, Zimbabwe
I think they're a relatively new company, so I doubt you'll find many folks that have hunted with them.

I do have two friends that have hunts booked with them in 2021 and 2022 through a US booking agent. Likely the same person you guys are dealing with.

Flemming

Reaction score
Hunted
Tanzania, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Its a brand new company owned by a swedish business man, so don´t think you will find many reports out there. Good or bad, i don´t know.. Future hunters will tell us.

mark-hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
the best way, is direct contact to outfitter, and ask references from previous clients.

jasyblood

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
USA, RSA(Limpopo x 4, Eastern Cape x 1, Northern Cape x 1, Northwest x 2), Hungary, Serbia, Zimbabwe
What is the Swedish business man's name?
His name is Tomas Kjellsson. I met him this year at DSC. He was just wondering around and my buddy recognized him from FB. We struck up a conversation with him and he hung out with us the rest of the day.

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Companies are a way to protect individuals from liability and to provide tax advantage. The name means little. Most important, who is the operator and the PH? That means everything.

Grant Jones

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Malawi, Senegal, South Africa, USA
Operations manager and PH is Phillip Mafuta.
Owner is Tomas Kjelsson.

Nhoro

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Google is your friend- Philip Mafuta- African Hunting Gazette interview and then some news articles. You can't believe everything you read in the news but do a little research and see what you think ?

You can also check on Zimbabwe Professional Hunters and Guides website for members and contact ZPHGA via email for any further info on particular hunters.

Nhoro

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Then there were a few questionable news articles that popped up-maybe read them too. Our dentist friend taught the world that it can be an expensive mistake if you choose the wrong PH/company.

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.