Website
www.nyamazanasafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB ,ZIMBABWE PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS AND GUIDES. SCI.
Hunted
TANZANIA ,ZIMBABWE , NEW ZEALAND , USA, SOUTH AFRICA
This was a great hunt , the client bought this hunt at the SCI show this year and opted to have hounds added to his hunt for a better chance at success . Long story short we chased the same Leopard on the 1st and 2nd day from a bait but never caught up to the male the dogs treed the female just bad luck and after that long chase the hounds were pretty stuffed but it was early days , so after resting the dogs and placing more baits we continued our pursuit , we passed up on a younger tom wanting to take a older cat. we had tracks everyday mostly females . Then we had another chance at a decent tom also from a bait and the hounds were again excellent and we actually watched the Leopard crossing on a great big rock face but he never gave us a chance as the terrain was very much in his favor and he outsmarted the hounds and escaped. The next day we followed a very big male ( Super Cat ) but we were never close as he must have walked early the previous day and zig zaged all over the place eventually walked out the hunting area but we never got close ( He will be back ) Then on the 13th day off a bait the hounds and the hounds-man( Thenuis Botha ) followed a good tom from 4am to 9am across fabulous country which ended up with the tom being treed very close to a rd that I was able to get my client to and basically get him to the Leopard where he made a great shot and had himself a very fine tom Leopard with a skull measurement of over 16" . Can only imagine what the other 2 bigger cats may look like .

A very big thank you to Thenuis and trust that we will do this again sometime. Well done to the client for making a great shot and staying positive . To all my crew that worked very hard as we always do to try make every hunt a success.

P1020952.JPG
P1020950.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations.

A Great Rush After the Hunt. John

Congratulations to your client and to you Wayne - you continue to deliver!

Congratulations to you and your client! I have met Thenuis a few times during show seasons, a more serious dog man I don't think exists in this world.

Nice tom! Congrats to you and your client.

Congratulations to you and your client Wayne.

Nice Tom.

Outstanding cat Wayne! Congrats to you

sounds like a great hunt , congratulations to all in volved

Way to go Wayne. Much better to get him on day 13 than on day 1 !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg