ZIMBABWE: Elephant Hunt With Wayne Van den Bergh Of NYAMAZANA SAFARIS

Vic

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I just finished a trip to the Lupane area of Zimbabwe with Wayne. What a remarkable experience! Look at my quarry:

3843D770-4795-4916-9AB2-1017C2F11CA0.jpeg

This was a 38 pounder. I was able to take this elephant on the fourth day.

We tracked hard for 3 days. Then we stayed out all night on the third night near the foot path. In the morning of the fourth day, we saw fresh tracks. We went deep into the bush to find this mammoth.

When we eventually caught up to him, his body was completely covered by bush. My initial shot was at 20 yards. It was an elevated head quartering on brain shot. Needless to say, I didn’t hit the brain. I fired a second shot that hit the body as the elephant was running away.

We tracked blood and feces for the next hour. We caught up to him even further in the bush. Several more shots were taken, and the battle ended.

We were 3 km from the road, so we had to call nearby villagers to come into the bush to take the meat.

What an experience! Wayne is a terrific guide. His comprehensive knowledge about elephants was extremely helpful. I will hunt with Wayne again .

My hunt was for 10 days. After my hunt Wayne took me to Vic Falls for some tiger fishing, and we also went to Matopos. A truly great guide.

89B3692D-2CE2-446C-B815-F157E762FFA6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Vic you are welcome anytime to return.. will get official weight on ivory and let you know. 38 lb is minimum I reckon it will go 40lb anyway a great bull regardless.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Congratulations @Vic ! Well done on your elephant and thanks for sharing :)

Well done !

Congratulations on your elephant! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Hope to one day have the same advanture

Congratulations on a successful safari. Thanks for posting.

Congrats Vic an Wayne and thanks for sharing! A dream hunt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you